Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice needed please 2.2 d4d

Auntie bap

Hi I'm wondering if anyone could please give me some advice, we literally just bought an avensis 2.2 d4d 2013 today and have a few things I'm worried about 

Firstly when the wee button is pushed on the key to put the wing mirrors in, only one turns in so I'm wondering could this be something simple or maybe a wiring issue (sorry literally clueless about cars) 

the car has came with literally zero service history and has 127k miles so I'm wondering does it need a water pump/ timing belt/ at soo many miles? Or would there be anyway to check if it's had anything like this already done

Sorry this post probably sounds daft I'm just panicking a little as it needs motd In may, also needs a new windscreen but I'm hoping that will be easily sorted 🙈

Thank you In Advance for any info xo

Good grief I hope you got it cheap with that kind of history!

The car has a timing chain so shouldn't need replacing, and the water pumps do go after a while but there's no schedule for it so only really worth changing when they start to leak, which should be picked up during a service inspection.

As it hasn't got any service history, it would be worth giving it a service (at least fresh oil and a new oil filter!) as that's the main thing to keep the D4D's healthy - regular good quality clean oil changes! The turbo and timing chain especially depend on that to stay healthy, esp as the car gets older.

Not sure about the mirror, but my first thought would be a wiring issue too. I've never had a car with electric folding mirrors until this Yaris so don't have much experience with common faults on them!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Auntie bap said:

Hi I'm wondering if anyone could please give me some advice, we literally just bought an avensis 2.2 d4d 2013 today and have a few things I'm worried about 

Firstly when the wee button is pushed on the key to put the wing mirrors in, only one turns in so I'm wondering could this be something simple or maybe a wiring issue (sorry literally clueless about cars) 

the car has came with literally zero service history and has 127k miles so I'm wondering does it need a water pump/ timing belt/ at soo many miles? Or would there be anyway to check if it's had anything like this already done

Sorry this post probably sounds daft I'm just panicking a little as it needs motd In may, also needs a new windscreen but I'm hoping that will be easily sorted 🙈

Thank you In Advance for any info xo

Tbh I would forget about folding in mirrors it must be brave and speced out 2 fold in mirrors saying that my older VW group car 04 had fold in mirrors avd tbh when they get old they give bother as in need a new mirror I'd just not bother folding them in and as cyker says give it a good servicing run a bottle of that redex diesel injector additive threw the fuel and drive it into the ground but one thing I would do get under it powerwashed and put on 3 tins of stone chip underseal on it cabt have enough underseal on it 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links