Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Loss Of Power/blue Smoke

feichter

:o As my wife was driving on a dual carriageway yesterday, she suddenly lost all power and a blue puff of smoke appeared from the exhaust. She then had trouble with 4th gear for a couple of miles until she got home. I got into the car and drove it with no problems, but for a very strong smell of rubber (Clutch??). After a couple of hours, we drove the car to our nearest Toyota dealer where it is now parked waiting to be seen this morning. No problems driving the car to the dealer some 25 miles, except the clutch is slipping a little bit. No more smell.

The car is an Avensis 2.0 DTD with 35.000 miles, 2years old. What could be the problem and has anyone had a similar experience?

Clutch is not covered by warranty as it goes under wear and tear. We bought the car second hand in February this year. So previous owner must have been resting his foot on the clutch constantly. We have only done 5000 miles in it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links