Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

12 Volt battery Failed ?

JON DAVIES

Yeah, I've always said that, for consumables, the dealers are usually pretty good and worth checking - There is still no place (AFAIK) you can get 0w20, 0w16 or 0w8 (!!) cheaper than a Toyota dealer's parts desk!

(For non-consumables the prices tend to be astronomical tho' - I still remember being quoted something like £50 for a centre cap for my Mk1's alloys - A single centre cap!! :eek: :laugh: )

Jon, just curious, were you the owner from new?  Just wondering if the wrong Battery had been fitted at some point. 

Although I see Gerg has the same Battery.  One possibility might have been a supply shortage of AGM so the LA was fitted instead. 

Must admit, when I replaced my Battery in a Mercedes I think that was lead acid, massive great thing for Stop/Start even though the car was not SS.  Only about £170 3 years ago. 

32 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Jon, just curious, were you the owner from new?  Just wondering if the wrong battery had been fitted at some point. 

Although I see Gerg has the same battery.  One possibility might have been a supply shortage of AGM so the LA was fitted instead. 

Must admit, when I replaced my battery in a Mercedes I think that was lead acid, massive great thing for Stop/Start even though the car was not SS.  Only about £170 3 years ago. 

The hatch uses the same Battery BUT Left handed negative, whereas the touring (estate or wagon) uses a Right handed Negative

Both are S34B20

S34B20L

S34B20R

if the car ever had a private plate on it, it screws up the aftermarket catalogues if searched by reg

some Toyota commercials have 2 lead acid batteries, one right-handed the other left-handed that caused major issues in the mid 2000's

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

Yeah, I've always said that, for consumables, the dealers are usually pretty good and worth checking - There is still no place (AFAIK) you can get 0w20, 0w16 or 0w8 (!!) cheaper than a Toyota dealer's parts desk!

(For non-consumables the prices tend to be astronomical tho' - I still remember being quoted something like £50 for a centre cap for my Mk1's alloys - A single centre cap!! :eek: :laugh: )

Oops, I paid for my Auris just £11 for the same, that was the first thing that got nicked from our car., poor people can’t afford to buy a wheel cap 🛞👍

• Like 1

I don't know how I lost mine, probably knocked it off on one of the obnoxiously high kerbstones some of the streets have (Although now that they're all CPZ I can't park there anymore anyway!)

In the end I just got my mate to 3D print some for me :laugh: 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links