Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 08 1.0vvti - Stalling Issues

DiscodaveUK

Its been long time since I have been here, about10 years, with my Celica t Sport.

But I have a question and in need of help trying to find out what is wrong with my mums car, whilst driving and when slow the car will occasionally stall. The following error code is shown.

f739c9a0-526c-4fca-8b2f-5ee8c62795f3.thumb.jpg.4e32fb210280fc1cf0c172a267d8e381.jpg

Camshaft and crankshaft sensor has been replaced. Also the PCV valve replaced. Crankshaft sensor was also re programmed. Spark plugs changed and old ones looked OK.

So any guidance will be most helpful

It's a vvti solenoid issue, if the car hasn't had regular oil changes the filter can get blocked and the valve can burn out, a classic symptom is if you snap the throttle in neutral (press and release the throttle quickly) the engine dies when returning to idle

the solenoid and filter* are located on the rear left of the cylinder head as you look at it

Solenoid - 15330-40020

filter - 15678-21010 £10

Thanks for the quick response, I will pass info onto my parents. I'm hoping it the issue as car is dangerous to drive

Have spoken to father, he has tried above whilst on drive, it did not stall. But sounds very similar to what happens when he is driving the Yaris. 

I have not got access to the car, has anyone got the page to the workshop manual outlining where it is and bolt torque setting etc.

As above

The solenoid and filter* are located on the rear left of the cylinder head as you look at it - solenoid bolt is 10Nm or 7 ft lb in old money

i will dig up a pic shortly

564589506_1krvvtivalve.thumb.jpg.29c9bd921f5b2fbe52acbcd072d40413.jpg

Cheers and thank you for the advice

Green is the valve/solenoid, pink is the filter if fitted, they stopped using the filters in around 08/09 and went with an integrated screen on the valve/solenoid

1209832580_1krvvtivalve1.thumb.jpg.9acf8ae20ac775cc59cdd80c3f06e445.jpg

Thank you for all the info, can you indicate the best 3rd party replacement, as they very from £30ish to about £120

Cheers and thank you for the help

£50-60 for an aftermarket one - a Toyota part is around £90

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links