Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Does this look resprayed?

SB1500

Hello guys, was testing out some of that new Graphene Turtle Wax spray. One side of my Avensis I spotted the paint is like this… it’s giving me a suspicion my car might have been damaged and repaired in the past… what do you think? 

8C4824D2-0DEB-4791-8500-C4BC4271507B.jpeg

• Like 1

im not sure i thought my rear bumper was resprayed one time s thought was a tad different colour but maybe was not god knows it is what it is now 

• Like 1

Sometimes plastic panels such as bumpers finish a very slightly different shade of color than the adjoining metal panels. I’m sure others have experienced this also.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SB1500 said:

Hello guys, was testing out some of that new Graphene Turtle Wax spray. One side of my Avensis I spotted the paint is like this… it’s giving me a suspicion my car might have been damaged and repaired in the past… what do you think? 

8C4824D2-0DEB-4791-8500-C4BC4271507B.jpeg

Difficult to say for sure from the picture, although it’s a good quality picture.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If it doesn’t look exactly like everywhere else likely to be worked on the car. When was buying my one I didn’t notice anything, years later I found both rear doors has been done by Toyota, it’s also noted on their website, you can check yours too. The best way to find any paint jobs done on your car is at night under these new led street lights or using a torch 🔦 with slightly bluish light , led again. But even if it’s been re sprayed it doesn’t necessarily mean it was in any accident, it could be scratches only covered, something that dealers does prior to sell cars that are not too old and at low miles . 👍

• Thanks 1

Both sides in that area do look identical. It seems in that 'rounded' pressed in shape part of the lower doors, it looks like the paint was running down as it set... I'd hate to think that's how Toyota would have done it from new. It's an ex-lease car and the rear bumper has definitely had a tonne of knocks and scratches (with varying quality repairs) but I knew that when I bought the car and wasn't the end of the world. 

I wonder where or who I could take it to to get it checked 'for certain', as if it was damaged and repaired I'd potentially be able to reject the car but I don't know who could 'certify' it as such.

• Like 1

It’s not an old banger, take it back to where you bought it show them the area of concern to you, see what they say before taking the issue further.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links