Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav 'oddity'

philip42h

When on a motorway, the built-in sat nav shows a list of upcoming junctions and services. I find this very handy for showing where I actually am and for planning rest / fuel stops.

However, it occasionally (not infrequently) 'freezes' and no longer updates as the car progresses down the motorway - so it can continue to show the same X miles to a service station long after we've passed it.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? And is there an update that fixes it?

The workaround is fairly simply - just switch back to the Home screen and then to the Map screen and it seems to function correctly again - but it is a little annoying ...

This has happened on my Touch 2 as well.   It might be a feature rather than a fault. 

Without rechecking, it happened to me if I adjusted the display either shifting or zooming.  It might happen if you touched the screen by chance. 

There is an update, but I'm not sure if it covers this issue

The occasional times I’ve used the built in Sat Nav this has happened to me.  I found it a pain when the count down to a  junction froze.

Same has happened to mine a couple of times before I put the latest updates on. Although, since having the AA upgrade I tend to use Waze more often on longer trips as the warnings are better and maps more up to date. Playing music from phone through Waze is a real pain though, need something better than Youtube music.

On my Samsung Android phone I use an app called Poweramp.  It shows up as an app on the AA screen, once opened and switched back to Waze, Poweramp appears as a selection at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks for the responses - at least it's not just me!

I'm pretty sure that it's not the result of panning or zooming. That might well freeze the map but in this case the map continues to show the correct position for the car - it's just that the upcoming junctions list no longer updates.

I'll have to investigate any available software updates and the issues that are resolved in each ...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links