Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Swap?

slowurRolla

Hey everyone, im new here.. I was wondering if anyone knew of a compatible engine swap for a 96 corolla. anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

4a-gze tunable to about 190bhp.3s-gte tunable to 300+bhp

what motor is in it at the mo?

cheers

lee

im not sure.. its the stock motor for the us spec corolla, either the 7A-FE or 4A-FE .. how much work would it take for the 3s-gte or the 4a-gze motors to fit?

if you have the 4A-FE then a 4A-GZE wouldnt be that hard engine and transmission will bolt straight in with a few mods to the wiring (not sur what , just know there are 3 or 4 wires that need modding)

3S-GTE reqs more work as all engine mounts will either need modifing or fabricating, a lot more wiring to do as well but the performance makes it well worth it.

cheers

lee

20v is another swap but in reality doesnt give a lot more power than a straight 4A-GE that plus the lack of tuning upgrades (overhere atleast) doesnt make it that much of a viable option

besides the 3S, are any of the others be able to produce a decent amount of power? Im shooting for about 200-230 if i dont go with the 3S.

I live in Japan so im pretty sure i can find performance parts for just about any motor, anyone have a motor they want to sell? :P

besides the 3S, are any of the others be able to produce a decent amount of power? Im shooting for about 200-230 if i dont go with the 3S.

I live in Japan so im pretty sure i can find performance parts for just about any motor, anyone have a motor they want to sell?  :P

Why a lot of power al Japcars are limeted to 180km/h ??

i dont know.. :unsure: but id really like to get my hands on a 3S.. i found one for 1500 with ecu and tranny, good deal?

if thats £ then yes do you know what rev it was (2 or 3)?

look on here for a guy called HKS TC Corolla GTi (real name nad)

he has a twincharged (turbo and a supercharger) 4A-GZE in his AE-92 think it puts out about 260 bhp. kit was produced by HKS but is no longer availiable but as your in japan you are possibly in a better position to see if there are still some about. failing that nad may be able to help you build a twincharge system (he is a bit of a wiz when it comes to thing twincharge)

cheers

lee

no it was 1500 american, the engine had about 19,xxx miles on it, 255 hp pretty good output for stock. Ill look into that HKS kit .. no biggie if cant find one Ill still have my sleeper corolla :D :thumbsup:

that dutch website looks very good, pity i dont understand a word of it, i wana do the same, what would be the price of the front half with 20v in it?

that dutch website looks very good, pity i dont understand a word of it, i wana do the same, what would be the price of the front half with 20v in it?

the price was about € 1900 with taxes for the halfcut to get it from Japan to the netherlands . :hokus-pokus:

if you want to no something from the Dutch language let me no :yes:

defo worth it thats only about 900 GBP . how much would shipping be foryou?

defo worth it thats only about 900 GBP . how much would shipping be foryou?

:blink: I do,nt no what the cost are for shipping , he orderd the Half cut by http://www.deijne.nl

ask them maby the can tell you what the costs are for shipping :thumbsup:

sorry was on about $1500 US for the 3S-GTE

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links