Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

car detailing

fourbanks

After yourdetail completed the job - I felt like I used to be riding a manufacturer new car. Surely I am going to use them once more for my auto detailing! Not solely have been they on time additionally they had been very expert with their job. The cease end result used to be sincerely excellent! Wonderful experience. more info  exterior detailing

On 5/21/2022 at 1:34 PM, Bozz said:

IMG_4057.thumb.jpg.586375c6e226edb3cd3e50121ce90f7d.jpg

Gyeon bathe 

Gyeon iron wheel cleaner

Gyeon wet coat

Bilt Hamber auto foam

I am a real fan of the Gyeon range use much the same as you finishing with Can Coat or Cure on intermediate washes.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to try Japanese Soft99 detailing products on my new Rav4.

Maintenance wash:

Koch Chemie Green Star APC @10% to clean tyres & wheel arches.

Car-Chem Super Subs Shampoo to clean wheels using microfibre wheel mitt & microfibre barrel brush.

Autoglym Polar Blast Snow Foam (using Nilfisk pressure washer & Sansom Snow Foam lance)

Soft99 Creamy Shampoo using microfibre wash mitt.

Dry the car using hand held car dryer & diamond weave drying towel (plus spray on drying aid).

Glass cleaned with Soft99 Glaco De Cleaner.

Dress tyres with Autoglym instant tyre dressing (currently prefer this to Megs Endurance tyre gel).

Cup of tea.

Fusso Coat F7 had been applied to the paint work - very pleased with the hydrophobic properties!

Yes, I've got it bad!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I was thinking to start doing my own washing/detailing , any suggestions what pressure washer to buy ?

BIGBOI WASHR FLO PRESSURE WASHER - anybody owns this one ?

Just spent the afternoon doing a maintenance wash - it can be very rewarding. Be warned that it normally rains soon after washing your car.

I don't have experience of the Bigboi pressure washer, but it looks like it comes with better car detailing accessories within the package. Check out Paul Dolden's detailing channel on Youtube for a test / user experience.

I think both Karcher & Nilfisk sell reconditioned machines on their websites, so saving could be spend on quality car detailing pressure washer accessories.

Good luck!

IMG_20221026_170135_HDR.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, pressure washers are like the the coffee machines , they are many and very different however what matters for the best espresso are the beans and the grinder. Karcher any model or anything that has 300ltr/hr flow rate and 110bar or up pressure are fine. An important thing when choosing a washer is the length of the high pressure hose., it should be at least 6m long, otherwise it will,be difficult to go around the car. I personally use the entry level Karcher K2 with upgraded 6m hose. I have foam sprayer for Snow Foam ore washes, and use Holts wash and wax shampoo. I do sometimes hand wax and hand clay treatment once every two years, does a good job. Winter time I spray a lots of water under the car, wheel arches, and suspension. Removing wheels and deep clean inside once a year. Keep the old lady looking good  😂👍

FF9CBAB2-CCBF-49E6-BE5E-DA4461EFD8A7.jpeg

• Thanks 2

I bought  a Karcher pressure for cleaning the drive.  It has a car wash setting, however I have never used it to clean the car it's too much bother.  I have never had any problem using a hose to pre-wet and rinse my cars.

• Like 1

I can thoroughly recommend the AVA P60 pressure washer. Comes with a very long warranty up to 20 years as long as it is serviced every 5 years. The service can be done by yourself at home. Serious bit of equipment and much better than the well known yellow ones which have failed on me too many times for me to ever waste money on another one. Only downside is it’s a big heavy unit but it’s on wheels with a retractable handle for moving around. Long very durable pressure hose as standard with its own onboard reel

• Thanks 1

Just surfing the web , YouTube , etc for detailing and products to use , I came across these 2 websites / www.cleanyourcar.co.uk & www.theultimatefinish.co.uk

Do you know any other trusted similar ones ?

Cheers

In2detailling and Slims Detailling are reasonably good sites if you spend enough to avoid the postage. Be careful of some of these influencers on YouTube and make your own mind up on products  Several I won’t name recommend terrible products clearly sponsored  - as an example A hybrid range from a wall known US wax company which in my opinion is impossible to use without streaking. Turns out many of them attended a big launch jolly in the US which mysteriously made the streaking issues go away. I think one famous influencer was exposed offering positive reviews for a fee.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fascinated by all this - thank you for sharing.

To Ceramic coat or not??

As a proud owner of a 2 month old Corolla (in "minicab" Pure White), whats the verdict on ceramic coatings?  I have used Autoglym Rapid Ceramic Spray a couple of times already - is there something better and longer lasting that is still reasonable to apply?  Is it worth the effort?

My "go to" wax that I have used on my cars for very many years every time I wash them, is Bullet Polish.  It seems little known, and only seems available at shows or online.  I pay about £30 for a tiny bottle that dilutes to 3.5 litres and I apply by spray whilst drying the car, this lasts me (and a few neighbours) for many years.  I also use it on interior plastic or glazed surfaces.  I find it is also great on glasses and on phone screens.  (Bullet Polish is an emulsion of canauba wax and leaves no white residue.  Its used by several motor museums in UK (including Haynes, Cotswold & Beaulieu), and I believe as PDI by Aston Martin).

Anyone else used it?  Welcome any ceramic experiences too please  

• Like 2

On 10/26/2022 at 6:21 PM, TonyHSD said:

…. anything that has 300ltr/hr flow rate and 110bar or up pressure are fine. An important thing when choosing a washer is the length of the high pressure hose., it should be at least 6m long, otherwise it will,be difficult to go around the car  😂👍

FF9CBAB2-CCBF-49E6-BE5E-DA4461EFD8A7.jpeg

This should do the job - nice features

FFF1A9E5-E27E-40A4-A20E-607E532EE803.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Had a look at the Bullet site and the tyre cleaner appeals to me.  Ha anyone tried this produc?

On 10/30/2022 at 9:45 AM, Talking Houbik said:

Fascinated by all this - thank you for sharing.

To Ceramic coat or not??

As a proud owner of a 2 month old Corolla (in "minicab" Pure White), whats the verdict on ceramic coatings?  I have used Autoglym Rapid Ceramic Spray a couple of times already - is there something better and longer lasting that is still reasonable to apply?  Is it worth the effort?

My "go to" wax that I have used on my cars for very many years every time I wash them, is Bullet Polish.  It seems little known, and only seems available at shows or online.  I pay about £30 for a tiny bottle that dilutes to 3.5 litres and I apply by spray whilst drying the car, this lasts me (and a few neighbours) for many years.  I also use it on interior plastic or glazed surfaces.  I find it is also great on glasses and on phone screens.  (Bullet Polish is an emulsion of canauba wax and leaves no white residue.  Its used by several motor museums in UK (including Haynes, Cotswold & Beaulieu), and I believe as PDI by Aston Martin).

Anyone else used it?  Welcome any ceramic experiences too please  

I’ve done a lot of research on ceramics vs wax. The Shelby ceramic coating kit does well in tests, and has the longevity you expect. My concern is the accuracy in application has to be so high, as it’s difficult to fix if you make a mistake. For that reason I’ve stick with wax, and my go to is a classic. . . Colinite 476S. It’s THE most durable wax on the planet & does its job for up to 6 months. Water beads up well, and it’s east to keep the car clean with this applied. 

It’s not too expensive either, and the tin lasts aaaages. 

• Like 1

I use 10 years old platinum wax from autosmart valeting products. Works well for my old and white car . But recently even washing it every evening in huge paddles like lakes in London and around because of the heavy rain. 😂👌

On 11/16/2022 at 7:55 PM, Jimota said:

Had a look at the Bullet site and the tyre cleaner appeals to me.  Ha anyone tried this produc?

Sorry - I cant comment on the tyre cleaner.  Only the "Bullet Polish" spray (a bit of a misnoma as its really only a wax, it has no cleaning or abrasive quality).  But my son does endorse some glass protector he bought from their stand a few years ago (for his glasses...!).  Me ... I just use the spray on my smart phone and on my sunglasses (it works well). 

I had my new Corolla ceramic coated with a 4 year protection package using Zirconite Ceramic coating. Ok wasn't cheap but for a 4 year coating on a new vehicle believe was worth it.

IMG_20221112_134044_709.thumb.jpg.3daf78b8f147f59e9f8a21928dc49889.jpgIMG_20221115_155135.thumb.jpg.69dfc4494bb4e747ea96819fd8d6f175.jpgIMG_20221115_155135.thumb.jpg.69dfc4494bb4e747ea96819fd8d6f175.jpg

IMG_20221112_134044_831.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2022 at 12:07 PM, PeteC74 said:

I had my new Corolla ceramic coated with a 4 year protection package using Zirconite Ceramic coating. Ok wasn't cheap but for a 4 year coating on a new vehicle believe was worth it.

IMG_20221112_134044_709.thumb.jpg.3daf78b8f147f59e9f8a21928dc49889.jpgIMG_20221115_155135.thumb.jpg.69dfc4494bb4e747ea96819fd8d6f175.jpgIMG_20221115_155135.thumb.jpg.69dfc4494bb4e747ea96819fd8d6f175.jpg

IMG_20221112_134044_831.jpg

Looks very smart :-)

I envy you, guys!

Washing your car in your own house is prohibited in Germany, due to residues ending up in the sewage systems, so you're left with two options: automatic wash lanes, which I hate, or self service high pressure washers, which I prefer. The latter ones are often broken, do not have decent foams, and using the foam producing brushes is obviously a nightmare because everyone uses them to clean their rims or the car's floor. I ended up buying a microfiber "sock" to cover the foam brushes and actually be able to wash the car and not only "moisturize" it with the different options offered by the machines; the results are not encouraging, because you cannot spent a lot of time in the actual boots/cabins, and then you have to dry and wax the car in other areas of the premises...

I use a liquid wax, applied through a microfiber towel and removing the excess product with a clean one. The results are not great, but I have found that the protection layer lasts a few washes. Do you recommend another wax? I've tried to just rinsed/wash the car with high pressure water/foam and then just dry the car...

Maybe that's a bit too optimistic!

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links