Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

PlanC C1

planc

Just an heads up for anybody who might be considering a roof wrap, I decided to inform the insurance for the renewal and was told they won't insure the car with this mod.

Declaring this to other insurance companies is coming up with double and then some over my renewal quote😬.

Seems a bit strange when this is usually a dealer option in the accessory options.

So the cost of vinyl wrap and extra insurance premium isn't really worth it😁

• Confused 1

After a lot of online quote form filling I have managed to get a price that I am comfortable with however I feel I will have to mess around like this annually🙄

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

20230621_172037.thumb.jpg.39154e477af5c59bed0e3b6a616a0895.jpgThe red carbon wrap faded to a rather nath pink:laugh: so I purchased some red vent surrounds from a breaker on a well known website.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I have fit a Prius wiper stalk to gain variable intermittent front wipe, and I installed a reverse camera because the Citroen C1 grade I have has the touch screen but not camera.

PXL_20240423_180307259.MP_080058.thumb.jpg.f9ee816e02792fde5a20842abe2e6fcc.jpg

I ordered a conversation loom from AliExpress but it didn't fit the stereo connection however I noticed the stereo had a loom connected to the camera connector. So I looked behind the bumper and noticed a blanking plug on a spare loom.

PXL_20240423_164233505.MP2_080236.thumb.jpg.8598d4fa6b01b8418da02db013ca1b73.jpg

I managed to find a reasonably priced genuine camera from a breaker on a well known auction website.

When the bumper is removed you can see a template to cut out the hole and there is a mount moulded onto the bumper for the camera.

PXL_20240423_170807695.MP2_080150.thumb.jpg.930fe80d93772defa00418672e8cc0f1.jpg

So I would advise checking behind the bumper for the spare connector before purchasing a conversion loom and cheapo camera😄

• Like 2

Good to know, confirms what I suspected with ours, we also had wiring at touchscreen and behind bumper, but I went the adapter and cheapo camera route cos even 2nd hand cameras were over twice cost of way I did it.  Good to see bracket for stock camera is there as well, I used a number plate light camera so didn't need to remove bumper either, but also I wasn't too keen on cutting the bumper. But as you say, always need to check because bit like the Mk1s, depending on model or year, wiring can be there or maybe not.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links