Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Induction Kit

Celica Zed

Hi Folks

Having now owned my gen 5 celica for several months the old need for more speed has kicked in.

What induction kit should i fit and is it worth chipping?

If i do these what can i expect to happen ? GOOD and BAD

What sort of money will i have to pay for parts and fitting? ( just to give me an idea so i dont get ripped off )

Please help i not too good on the technical stuff

C Z

3 main induction kits avaliable:

K&N (mesh and oiled cotton) expect £60-£70 ish

Ramair (foam) expect bout £60 ish

Blitz (stainless mesh) about £125

There may be others specifically for the ST182 but I don't know- if u want a different type get measuring and fit the right sized universal one.

Some don't like foam, and others dont like stainless mesh as its filtration performance is questionable.

I use the K&N, simply because its the first one I came across

It improved the throttle response.

A mate of mine has a Chip, (superchips icon) and he says it runs better (advances ignition, eliminates flatspots etc) but he doesnt believe it to be worth the money.

These are just mine and mates opinions, the options are out there. hope this helps ;)

For prices check www.fensport.com

Got a Blitz kit on mine. Sucks like Monica wassername on speed. Improved throttle response loads. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

to achieve 200-220bhp, your n/a will have to have £3K spent on it, and it wont last long. lightened flywheel, metal gaskets, forged pistons, uprated cams, blah blah blah.

a intake kit simply draws the air quicker through the throttle body, delivering the same atmospheric pressure, quicker. so your throttle response is increased. a good big exhaust - helps to rid the burnt fuel mixture, quickly. you can overfuel if you want, but realy, its a lot of cash and in the end, it will level out anyway as the ecu will sort it all out. and ecu chip - all it can do is deliver more fuel. which will in turn block everything up with deposits, risk detonation.

what u require my friend, is good old boost. Force induction, air compressed and forced into the equation ;)

and that means G T 4 :thumbsup:

so, in light of what you will spend to, well - be bored even more and sick of spending without long term results, sell up and ship on out to the G T 4 harbour.

let there be boost.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links