Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cleaning Car

dmjuk

ive had my black 140 for two weeks now and ive done nothing but clean it.I no black cars are notorious for needing polished but i dont really have time to clean my car 3 times a week, plus the fact birds seem to see it as a nice big shiny black target. Can anybody recommend a good product that doesnt take much time.

cheers

Can anybody recommend a good product that doesnt take much time.

The car wash at your local petrol station :lol:

Only kidding, the quickest way to give your car a wash and a wax is to get the Turtlewax spray bottles that attatch to your hose pipe.

All you do is wipe the car over with a sponge. Sorted :thumbsup:

i use autoglym super resin polish twicE a month its easy to apply and remove and inbetween waxes i use autoglym bodywork shampoo ,there is also a high build top coat gloss you can apply after the resin polish like the ads say " I JUST WASH "N" GO " :lol: do the birds !Removed! tartan !Removed! in glasgow ??? :lol: only jokin man.

Doesn't fit in with the not much time theme but I can highly recommend meguires. The first time will take ages but after that its fairly quick and the results especially on black cars are amazing.

, you only use the body shampoo inbetween waxes which takes all of 10 minutes , no drying required and drys smearless. :thumbsup:

ive heard about the meguires and how good it is on black cars but the time thing put me off, i suppose i should the make the effort at least once if its not to bad there after. What we talking money wise

i was thinking on doin a poll to see what colour off car gets shat on the most by birds and no they dont do tartan shytes (does sound sort of scottish), although i have seen some serious multicoloured curry looking numbers on the car :blink: ( it must be their diet)

ooooooooo ring a sting sing :lol::lol::lol:

i was thinking on doin a poll to see what colour off car gets shat on the most by birds and no they dont do tartan shytes (does sound sort of scottish), although i have seen some serious multicoloured curry looking numbers on the car  ( it must be their diet)

I can tell you now. Silver/Grey... I got two cars one met silver the other met grey. Nothing to choose in the ammount of ******* on them in the morning. Gonna buy me a house with a BIG double garage. :D

mequires is like an underground revolution.

it is definately the best stuff for your black car.

Jonny, of http://www.celica-club.co.uk/ won shiniest car of JAE, a blck gen 6 using mequires, it looked like a brand new out of the showroom paint job :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah use the meguires as its fantasic stuff.

Use the 1,2 and 3 step once, but unfortunately this will take alot of time. Then just wash it and use step 3 to build up the wax protection. You won't believe the results!

i can highly reccommend demonshine, not 100% who manufactures it but its in all Halfords etc , red bottle black cap, pour on in a bucket of water , drive it off , simple and very ncie shine , easy as pie!!

Yeah use the meguires as its fantasic stuff.

I've got a black car - I use the Meguires NXT wax about once every 4-5 weeks (takes about 1.5hrs to do it properly), and the Gold Class shampoo weekly.

The shampoo won't strip the wax, so once it's washed and dried with a chamois it comes up looking like i've just waxed it!

Try www.speeding.co.uk. They do free delivery and usually your stuff turns up in 3-4 days.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links