Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gt And Gts Turbos

jaxx

guys (done a search for this but no result :P )

whats the difference between gt turbos and gt-s turbos??

if im right in saying that?

:thumbsup:

GT has Leather seats and folding elec auto-folding mirrors.

GT-S has cloth and electric but not auto-folding mirrors

Gt also has directional fog lamps where as the GT-S has just a on/off swith for em.

I think thats it :bye:

As far as I'm aware, the GT was the kind of lux version. It had the T-Bar option (not sure if the GTS had that option - you certainly don't see many of them advertised), air-con, electric windas, leather/alacantra, that kinda thing. I believe the GT-S was a more sporting option. Mostly produced in tin-top version, with most of the extra's removed. I also believe the GT-S had slightly revised damping and spring rates, but I guess Bibbs is the geezer to answer that.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

marvellous ta guys

just wanted to know if subte differences were there and if ones 'better than the other' in respect

:thumbsup:

GT had all the options as standard .. the GT-S could be ordered with the bits as "options" ..

I think the GT also has climate control whereas the GT-S has normal aircon.

My old 92' GT Turbo T-bar had all the extras including Traction control which not all were fitted with even on the GT model. :yes:

Traction control was a very expensive option and its VERY rare to find mr2s that have it. The previous owner mustve been minted!

Traction control was a very expensive option and its VERY rare to find mr2s that have it. The previous owner mustve been minted!

shame it's a very clunky design .. but I still want it ..

Just to be different, we have a rev 4 GT turbo tintop lol.

TRACTION CONTROL UNIT:

You can tell when it would kick in as a little light would come up to the dash to show an icon of a "car skidding". You also had the option of switching it off too as there was an luminated switch positioned next to the fog lights. An additional space age looking unit labelled 'TC' on top of the rocker cover can be seen in the engine bay and a tubular type cylinder with a series of tubes and smaller box units connected together was fitted in the front compartment on the left hand side next to the spare wheel housing. This was all original Toyota stock fittment. Excellent little gadget in the wet! :thumbsup:

I think the GT also has climate control whereas the GT-S has normal aircon.

Yes you are right. My mate's GT has got the climate control which we discovered today. And i must say it work's a treat :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Virtually anything on the GT is an option on the GT-S....there are no set rules for the GT-S :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

git!

it didnt work for me!

WHAT DID YOU TYPE IN?

Hehehe :P

I cheated a bit as I remebered us having this disscussion a few times already, just did a search for "GT" and "options" and read through some of the newbie titled threads as it's usually a new MR2 person type question :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links