Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Few Questions

RunX_Maniac

I bought a 94' Celica 4WS ZR auto, it is registered in 94' but it is the ones that came out in 89'-93' series 5 I think.

I am looking for a car reference manual, where can I find one?

While driving it after a few KMs a red 4WS light comes on on the dash, is this serious?

What is the SPORT and 2WS REV buttons for?

I don't know automatic gearboxes? what does the red(Japanese writing on it), MANU and POWER buttons do?

Another thing, it has the 3sfe motor in it, I want too fit a 3sgte with a manual box, how difficult would that be, or should I keep the autobox with the 3sgte

here is a pic:

Celica.jpg

Thanks

Thats a nice looking car you have. You can get a Haynes manual or a Chiltons one, they are for USA cars really but are still good for your car. We got one through Amazon.

Red warning lights are normally bad news, it probably means your 4 wheel steering isn't working. The sport button makes the gearbox hang on to the gears a little longer for a more "sporty" drive. Press it and you should see that you need to rev the engine higher to get a gear change. Manu means that you need to change gear so if you are in D2 say it will never change out of that unless YOU move the lever to another position.

Changing the engine while not exactly rocket science is still a very big job. There are a few people on the forum who have done it and hopefully one will join in to tell you about it. The normal thing it seems is to source the engine, gearbox and drive shafts from an MR2 Turbo (you also need its ECU). You need the selector mechanism and gear change cables from a Celica and the C/V joints from a GT4

as kelvyn said MR2 turbo is the best source of parts for a 3S-gte conversion but is you can find a GT4 celica (ST-185) then the wiring will be simpler. engin should be a bolt in fit as you already have the 3S series engine fitted you will still need the MR2 turbo Transmission though as will as the driveshafts, MR2 CV joints will fit the celica though.

nice looking car you got there.

cheers

lee

as kelvyn said MR2 turbo is the best source of parts for a 3S-gte conversion but is you can find a GT4 celica (ST-185) then the wiring will be simpler. engin should be a bolt in fit as you already have the 3S series engine fitted you will still need the MR2 turbo Transmission though as will as the driveshafts, MR2 CV joints will fit the celica though.

nice looking car you got there.

cheers

lee

I will see what I can find, thanks for the info. :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links