Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Not Sure If I Should Be Here Or He Family Board

ae111sr

Hello there - I've been lurking for a couple of week and think this might be the right place for me (I haven't found any posts about UK ae111 models) - though I'm sure someone will tell me if I'm not. I own a 1998 3 door Corolla SR which has been modified a bit - not sure yet how to post pics here but you can find some at my website http://www.ae111sr.co.uk

Short story - the car has been Superchipped, Ramair air filter, Remus back box, Eibach springs, WRC rear spoiler, G6R side skirts. Would like to get a 4AGZE uprated brakes and shocks but funds won't stretch to that yet.

Just wanted to say hello from Cardiff

welcome, thats a clean looking corolla, good site, just needs a gallery for us lot! lol. B) look forward to seeing you and your motor at the forthcoming events....

dan

Welcome to TOC, superb looking Corolla, I'll keep my eyes peeled when I'm down Cardiff way from now on (down there at least once a month)...

Good to see more members coming from the land of song (albeit normally on a Friday night coming home from Walkabout or Life) :P

yes indeed that's a great looking Corolla welcome to the TOC! :D

hey ae, welcome to the club.

Quick question for ya, the door cards on you current corolla... are they the same shape and size as your old motor? cos if they are, i'm hoping to change the door cards on my Paseo... the area cut out for the dashboard looks the same on my car, if they can be directly replaced, it'd make my day. the door handle looks to be in the same place too...

Thanks for comments about the motor. I found this forum after the Corollaclub and Nad's forum both died. A shame about both of them though I think I spotted posts from a couple of other refugees. I'll have to update the links on my site as well - had forgotten all about that - still might be time for a redisgn anyway.

Pedro - Dave used to own a recording studio just outside Monmouth but I don't know if he still does and Andy Fairweather Lowe ( used to be front man in Amen Corner) lived just a few streets away - but he's probably before your time I guess.

Mellow - I reckon thet the door cards are different 'cos the old GTi didn't have door Speakers where my current one does. Sorry about that.

Hello mate. Like what dan said thats one fine motor you have there. Also thats a great site that you have put together. nice touch showing your old car :D

Once again welcome to the club mate.

jerry!!

Mellow - I reckon thet the door cards are different 'cos the old GTi didn't have door speakers where my current one does. Sorry about that.

but do you reckon the shape and size is the same? my car has speaker pods in the door. im just hoping that the door frame they use is the same,only with different skins on the in/out side.

i'll get a pic of my door card posted up (well hopefully Rhaines will), tell me what you reckon..

Mellow - I still don't think that they are the same - though I didn't have both cars at the same time to allow me to make a check I'm pretty sure they are different.

Hi Jon - I thought I recognised your sig. I know what happened to Corollaclub he ducked out and bought a Vaux!*%$ can't even bring myself to type the complete word. But for some reason I missed out on what happened to Nad - that was a good site that he had - shame to lose the forum with all that experise and knowledge. Still, unless he lurks here, Cossiehead has gone as well - I miss him like I'd miss a hole in the head.

Regards

John

Mellow just drop as email with piccies on whenever you need them put up, jpg's and zipped would be ideal :)

Sweet looking car............... But never understood why toyota never made a production turbo-charged

version.Shame.

Hi Jonty,

With the success that Toyota had with WRC Corolla I'm surprised that they didn't produce something with a more powerful engine than the 1600cc 4a-fe for the European market. I understand that in the USA (and I think Australia) Corollas are fitted with 1800cc version of this engine and in Japan they had the 1600cc 20v 4a-ge. I don't know what we did to upset Toyota so much!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links