Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Warning on dash...........

Lawnmowerman

What’s worse is when they say something that you know to be utterly untrue.

• Like 2

To be honest my dealer wanted to show me everything when he dropped the car off. I had to cut him off 10 minutes in and get shut I was late for a meeting.

• Like 2

Haha, can't win! Maybe we should swap dealers! :laugh: 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 12:56 AM, Cyker said:

Could it be the "OMG YOU'RE GOING TO CRASH BRAKE NOW! oh nevermind" message that I see at least once every day while driving to and from my work area? :laugh: 

The only reason I know what that message is is because of the HUD; I can imagine if I didn't have the HUD I'd still have no idea what it was because, as you say, it flashes up on the main dash for not even a second and doesn't leave any messages (Even tho' in some situations it's flashed up a message saying something like Message Displayed on Driver Display but when I look down I just see it disappearing off the MID :laugh: )

There's even a message store in the bottom of the MID menus but there's never any stored messages in it!

I sometimes wish I had a small GoPro or something I could rig up to try and record the message but I bet it's something totally asinine like Potential Collision With Object Detected Keep Eyes On Road And Take Action To Avoid.

(Honestly, it's like the people that design these systems don't drive cars in the real world...)

My friend is looking at this Rav4 and the current owner mentioned this flashing a warning message randomly. Hope it's just like that. The Rav4 is in neat condition with a new set of tires from 4Wheelonline installed last week. We'll take a closer look at it this weekend.

On 7/10/2022 at 9:29 AM, IanML said:

My experience is that car dealers "handover briefing" is usually 50% wrong - they do not know the products they sell to any great depth, and are given to guesswork when asked questions.

Toyota may not be good but Hyundai are worse. There are so many models and variants that salesmen don't stand a chance. The Tucson alone has four fundamentally different power trains and two major body styles even before you get into options. On top of this the fast introduction of electric traction means that new models share very little with previous ones. Furthermore Hyundai cloak their technical stuff in mystery whereas Toyota explain in detail how everything works for those who are interested.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 10:12 AM, roadster-rav said:

Toyota may not be good but Hyundai are worse. There are so many models and variants that salesmen don't stand a chance. The Tucson alone has four fundamentally different power trains and two major body styles even before you get into options. On top of this the fast introduction of electric traction means that new models share very little with previous ones. Furthermore Hyundai cloak their technical stuff in mystery whereas Toyota explain in detail how everything works for those who are interested.

Lazy salesmen - the clued up have a higher sales rate.

On 7/14/2022 at 7:54 AM, ScottyTRD said:

My friend is looking at this Rav4 and the current owner mentioned this flashing a warning message randomly. Hope it's just like that. The Rav4 is in neat condition with a new set of tires from 4Wheelonline installed last week. We'll take a closer look at it this weekend.

Yes I have the warning BRAKE NOW on the dash triggered by parked cars on when going round a corner with cars very near.

After saying that it has never activated the brakes presumably becase it worked out I am not going to crash.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

Yes I have the warning BRAKE NOW on the dash triggered by parked cars on when going round a corner with cars very near.

After saying that it has never activated the brakes presumably becase it worked out I am not going to crash.

I think you can set the sensitivity but I can't recall. If so it will be in the MID menu.

Yes you can turn the sensitivity down but since it has not operated the actuall drakes I am not bothered by it informing me to brake as it realises as my direction changes to just cancel the warning.

It only happens on odd occasion not even once a month.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links