Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota coming from Lexus

Flookyk

At the moment I am on my 2nd Lexus RX450h but about to retire and looking for my retirement car to last 5 to 10 year.

I have had a test drive of a Highlander and also considering a new RX.

I love the RX but the next one for 2023 won't have the V6 anymore but a 2.4l turbo so unless I go for a RX500h it will be a reduction in power to the current RX.

So in my mind if I was going to have to do without the V6 then why not consider the Highlander too which is slightly longer than my RX so slightly more room for camping gear.

Has anyone here gone from an RX to a Highlander and if so what do you think of the change?

One thing that puts me off the Highlander is only having an 8 inch screen rather than the 12 inch of the Lexus .. or even bigger 14 inch of the new RX will have.

I would imagine that you would find a reduction in build quality if you go for Toyota.

Think carefully Keith if you are intending to keep it 5 to 10 years.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven’t got experience of Lexus, by all accounts very nice cars.. but I have had a Highlander since November and I can assure you it feels bulletproof and built to last forever . Highly practical , lots of room and excellent audio system .

On 6/28/2022 at 9:04 PM, Flookyk said:

At the moment I am on my 2nd Lexus RX450h but about to retire and looking for my retirement car to last 5 to 10 year.

I have had a test drive of a Highlander and also considering a new RX.

I love the RX but the next one for 2023 won't have the V6 anymore but a 2.4l turbo so unless I go for a RX500h it will be a reduction in power to the current RX.

So in my mind if I was going to have to do without the V6 then why not consider the Highlander too which is slightly longer than my RX so slightly more room for camping gear.

Has anyone here gone from an RX to a Highlander and if so what do you think of the change?

One thing that puts me off the Highlander is only having an 8 inch screen rather than the 12 inch of the Lexus .. or even bigger 14 inch of the new RX will have.

This should belay the screen issues: https://mag.toyota.co.uk/2023-toyota-highlander/

As for engines the new:

350H is a 2.5 4 cyl petrol hybrid with 180 kw 0-62 8 seconds

450H is a plugin 2.5 4 cyl petrol hybrid with 225kw 0-62 7.0 seconds

500H is a 2.4 petrol turbo hybrid with 273kw and an all new 6 speed auto gearbox rather than a CVT 0-62 6 seconds

Your current V6 makes 230kw and can cover 0-62 in 7.7 seconds so only the 350H is down on power compared to yours and the 450H is nearly the the same but quicker 0-62 

On 7/13/2022 at 10:07 PM, Devon Aygo said:

This should belay the screen issues: https://mag.toyota.co.uk/2023-toyota-highlander/

As for engines the new:

350H is a 2.5 4 cyl petrol hybrid with 180 kw 0-62 8 seconds

450H is a plugin 2.5 4 cyl petrol hybrid with 225kw 0-62 7.0 seconds

500H is a 2.4 petrol turbo hybrid with 273kw and an all new 6 speed auto gearbox rather than a CVT 0-62 6 seconds

Your current V6 makes 230kw and can cover 0-62 in 7.7 seconds so only the 350H is down on power compared to yours and the 450H is nearly the the same but quicker 0-62 

That bigger screen on the 2023 Highlander could make a difference to the decision.

The new RX450H+ would be Jo good as no where to charge it up so it would have to be either the RX350h or RX500h, the latter being the first choice depending on what the price is.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links