Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Question regarding cabin air filter.

amron

I was told that at 60k kms the cabin air filter needs to be replaced. while looking for it, I've seen that at certain site they offer 3 different filters with three different part numbers that they all fit my 2012 Yaris. of coubik the have different prices as well, the first - 87139-50100 priced a little above $40, the second 87139-30040 for about $15.50 and the third 87139-52020 for almost $30. may be there are more, but I find it odd because if I'm not wrong, all these part numbers are Toyota's part numbers.

They look like they are all different sizes on the item description Amron.

I would check which size the existing one in your vehicle actually is before ordering 👍

The $40 filter is the enhanced filter, which has an additional carbon content, and is said to be more effective at filtration (pollen, odours, etc). These are also available in the UK.

In Europe we have standard filters and Optifit filters. Standard parts are as factory fit, Optifit are a cheaper range, but still classed as OE, Optifit also do the enhanced charcoal filters. 

You can just buy blueprint ADT32514 and change every 10k mile instead or every 12 months. Doing so you will always have fresh and clean air in the cabin. 👍

• Like 1

Make sure you fit it the right way up, unlike my local dealer!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bathtub tom said:

Make sure you fit it the right way up, unlike my local dealer!

Exactly, the "Toyota" filter is conveniently marked "UP"(hard to get that wrong:whistling1:) but I've found most others show "Air Flow". Assuming the original is the correct orientation it's easy enough to fit the new with the filter medium ends the same as the old.

Like Tony, I use Blueprint, but change every Autumn rather than on mileage or kilometreage.

Yeah, I meant every 10k miles or 12 months with each oil change. I do 4-5 services per year and always change this filter too. I can feel immediately fresher air coming out of the vents. The older  filter usually gets this nasty petrol fumes like smell after only 10k miles driving, todays roads are very busy and pollution is high. 👍

• 3 weeks later...

The third one is the one that is originally in the 2012 yaris. Well, at least in mine. I got a new one from the dealer for around €25

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links