Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

One side brakes not effective

Abs80

I have a 2010 Yaris D4D, with only 58k miles on the clock. Currently ot is giving me a headache with the left hand side brakes not as effective as the right. All discs and pads have been changed and the caliper changed twice, they were both re-conditioned, not new. The brakes have been tested by my MOT garage and the left hand side brake effort, the brake flexi hose was changed for good measure also. Any help or pointers as to the problem would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Moved to the Yaris forum.

Are brake pads new & from the same MFG ie not picked up from a scrap yard.

Was one side contaminated with oil from a previous piston leak.

How about the rotors is it grooved, do you have a lip on the top if so grind it off or replace.

remove cap from brake fluid fit some cling film over replace cap

Disconnect brake lines on the side that is down on efficiency at both ends of copper tubing per wheel and blow compressed air through tubing to clear a partial blockage.

Top up brake fluid and bleed complete system.

Do a test run on a quiet road increasing brake preassure each time to see if you travel in a straight line.  

A private road is best.

Do Brake pads  move freely in out on slides after removing calipers if not remove then remove the glide shoe clean off rust on casting regrease using calliper grease.

New brake callipers I expect to be ok old ones blow out piston clean replace checking dust seal.

Grease ends of pads and rear before refitting.

You can always compare one wheel against the one on other side.

Could it be a faulty ABS pump causing this?

• Like 3

If it has abs, the braking circuits are split to each wheel strange it's just the left side

has the fluid been fully flushed, some systems require the ABS pump to be modulated with a scan tool while bleeding to remove the air trapped in the abs pump

can the abs pump be read with a scan tool, when you start the car does the ABS and engine light (MIL) come on then go out ??

How long have you owned the car ?? 1st MOT in your ownership ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links