Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

JBL audio option discontinued?

gallen73

My Mk4 has a 3-way switch for Open/Auto/Closed on the driver's door controls.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cyker said:

My Mk4 has a 3-way switch for Open/Auto/Closed on the driver's door controls.

Exactly the same as ours.

• Like 1

A. There are no speaker wires under the front seat of any use to wire a sub easily, most under seat subs come with the wiring in the kit, most will take speaker level no issue on the Mk4 they changed over to the new standard wiring plugs

Speakers - 16.5 cm in the door tweeters in the A pillar some cars just have door Speakers only, depending on the market and spec

B. have a look here, door handles are talked about on page 2 and 3

C. mirrors, all are electrically adjustable, some cars have folding mirrors, top spec cars have Auto folding mirrors - some cars do not come folding mirrors depending on options

3 hours ago, flash22 said:

C. mirrors, all are electrically adjustable, some cars have folding mirrors, top spec cars have Auto folding mirrors - some cars do not come folding mirrors depending on options

No foldable mirrors? I think that also basic trims have manually foldable mirrors.  What could miss is the defrosting function on basic ones. 

Electrically folding that should have been

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just going back on this thread. 

My order of JBL  - did not come through on the car that was delivered to the dealer in Dec 22.  The first I knew about this was a few days before I picked it up.  The dealer was incredibly apologetic and said he hadn't been informed either until the last minute.  Sounds like the JBL thing had become a bit of a ***** up all round.  

However - I'm actualy quite satisfied with the standard issue sound package, and haven't really missed the JBL (maybe because id never actually heard it!)

Cheers!

• Like 1

I must admit, having the JBL in my Excel and the standard system in this courtesy car, the difference is marginal; If anything the standard system is better balanced for the high level of cabin noise in the car IMHO!

The JBL I had to mess with the frequency bands as it'd give me a headache at higher volumes, but with the standard system, whatever frequency is giving me the headache is much less prevalent and I find it's more comfortable at higher volumes than the one in my Excel.

It also doesn't have the dash speaker grille rattle... because it doesn't have dash Speakers :laugh: 

• Like 2

Hmmm. I listened to the JBL in another Cross and a Yaris and I thought it produced a far richer and fuller sound.  I ordered one but it was dropped.  Id have it back without a doubt.  

• Like 1

I found when the car is stationary, the JBL system has a better sound, but at speed when there's a lot of road/wind noise, I actually prefer the standard system! I don't know if they adjust themselves at speed or something, but I find the 'finesse' of the JBL gets lost and it just feels harsh on my ears, while the normal system doesn't seem to do anything and has a less headachy frequency spread for some reason.

Personally I do prefer the JBL. I have it in my C-HR and my Good Lady has it in the Yaris. I think there is a difference, and it's for the better 👍

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links