Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


PHEV ... Surprisingly poor service from Toyota


Nick72
 Share

Recommended Posts

Booked in for...

1 year service

ESC recall

Plus, update all software and set up long press on fob to open or close all windows.

So, there were more check-ins and repetitions in filing out online forms, 3 phones calls to repeat what I wanted and confirming time plus text messages. Hence should have been zero doubt on what needed doing.

 Alas, I gets a phone message I missed the day before about Aircon recharge? WTH. Same at the service desk when I dropped it off for the 8.30 appointment time (doors not opened until 8.33am and they open at 8.30 and I'd been there since 8.15am ...but no big deal). Hadn't realised that the doors would be shut if I came a little early. So I repeats myself on what needs doing for about the 3rd or 4th time.

Gets a call later that day. Not been able to sort the recall on the ESC, would need to rebook. Ok, I'm now mad. No explanation I could understand provided other than it needs the master technician. Pretty sure the master technicians availability should have been checked when I booked it in and faffed about with my crazy chocka diary. Ffs. Gets to the car. No free wash and vac performed as offered and as said yes to (I turfed out all my stuff for them to sort this and the car was packed with gear). Long fob press doesn't work. Same as was. 

They said the maps and infotainment software is already up to date. I'll take their word for it.

So basically they've not done one of the main things it was booked in for and one of the things I wanted.

Always been brilliant in the past on the wife's previous Toyota car for 8 years. Seems like it has gone down hill or I was just unlucky. Not what I expect from Toyota. If I wanted chaotic cluless fwit service I would get a Peugeot again 🤣. Or maybe because it is a company car they don't give a poo.

How are your experiences with your dealership?

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Garages are a bit like small children ... give them one and only one thing to do and there's a reasonable chance that they'll do it; give them more than one thing to do and it's likely that they'll get distracted and confused, and complete none of the assigned tasks ...

😉

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Well, the service experience wouldn't have been from Toyota, as per the title, but the dealer.

Well true but Toyota endorse and authorise the dealerships? Ergo they are emissaries of their master org.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Then again it would be more useful for members to know the specific dealer/dealer group as regards their future servicing.

Bit like saying you had a bad experience at Tesco, but not saying which store .....

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nick72 said:

Toyota endorse and authorise the dealerships? Ergo they are emissaries of their master org.

Then again it would be more useful for members to know the specific dealer/dealer group as regards their future servicing.

Bit like saying you had a bad experience at Tesco, but not saying which store .....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was fairly pleased with this service I got (this was from Reading Toyota) for 1st service. I'd written on the notes to perform the update to fix the foghorn sound when cold, which they claim to have done (no way of telling until it get's cold again). They flagged up the ESC update themselves, so assume that's been done (not sure if I can tell or not). Got the free wash (without being asked, I'd meant to ask them not to wash the car, I prefer to do that myself, and they didn't do a very good job of it). Also I asked them to sort the wobbly charger port door - they had to order the part, which is now in, and booked to go back in September (I had to book ahead over a month to get an appointment with a courtesy car or while you wait which seems ridiculous - those should be standard options?)

Wish the mileage intervals were greater - 10K seems very low for a modern car, especially considering it's mostly driven in EV mode, so the engine/oil doesn't get much use (or stress when it is used). Previous VW group cars all had long life servicing, where the car determines when it needs a service based on usage/engine oil analysis - typically around 18K/24 months. Shame Toyota don't offer a similar option, would seem even more sensible on a PHEV where potentially the engine doesn't get much use and/or is used in a less stressful manner than an ordinary ICE. Short intervals on the Rav4 do increase costs and hassle of ownership.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Nick72 said:

If I wanted chaotic cluless fwit service I would get a Peugeot again 

To be fair my local Peugeot main dealer is still useless plus also I was banned from there about 10+ years ago 🤣

I found the Peugeot dealer in the next town I dealt with was a totally different experience.

FWIW I'd never own another Stellantis product.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Booked in for...

1 year service

ESC recall

Plus, update all software and set up long press on fob to open or close all windows.

So, there were more check-ins and repetitions in filing out online forms, 3 phones calls to repeat what I wanted and confirming time plus text messages. Hence should have been zero doubt on what needed doing.

 Alas, I gets a phone message I missed the day before about Aircon recharge? WTH. Same at the service desk when I dropped it off for the 8.30 appointment time (doors not opened until 8.33am and they open at 8.30 and I'd been there since 8.15am ...but no big deal). Hadn't realised that the doors would be shut if I came a little early. So I repeats myself on what needs doing for about the 3rd or 4th time.

Gets a call later that day. Not been able to sort the recall on the ESC, would need to rebook. Ok, I'm now mad. No explanation I could understand provided other than it needs the master technician. Pretty sure the master technicians availability should have been checked when I booked it in and faffed about with my crazy chocka diary. Ffs. Gets to the car. No free wash and vac performed as offered and as said yes to (I turfed out all my stuff for them to sort this and the car was packed with gear). Long fob press doesn't work. Same as was. 

They said the maps and infotainment software is already up to date. I'll take their word for it.

So basically they've not done one of the main things it was booked in for and one of the things I wanted.

Always been brilliant in the past on the wife's previous Toyota car for 8 years. Seems like it has gone down hill or I was just unlucky. Not what I expect from Toyota. If I wanted chaotic cluless fwit service I would get a Peugeot again 🤣. Or maybe because it is a company car they don't give a poo.

How are your experiences with your dealership?

Very sad and frustrating. I do think that there are generally communication issues between front of house, reception, and the fitters. It’s the old game of stage whispers ‘send reinforcements we are going to advance’ and what gets heard is ‘send 3 and 4 pence we are going to a dance’.

My Toyota dealer is probably average, generally OK. My Skoda dealer was so good in comparison, just brilliant.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Then again it would be more useful for members to know the specific dealer/dealer group as regards their future servicing.

Bit like saying you had a bad experience at Tesco, but not saying which store .....

Well I'd rather not reveal my location other than North West of England. To be fair they called me today to ask how I felt the service went. I told them poor. Half a job and didn't wash or hoover the car as they said they would in the online check in. They are raising the issue with their management and coming back to me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, forkingabout said:

To be fair my local Peugeot main dealer is still useless plus also I was banned from there about 10+ years ago 🤣

I found the Peugeot dealer in the next town I dealt with was a totally different experience.

FWIW I'd never own another Stellantis product.

Me neither 🤣 they were utter garbage and the dealership ibdealt with was shockingly incompetent and just could not be bothered. Toyota is a different league despite a half ubikd attempt at my visit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, ernieb said:

Very sad and frustrating. I do think that there are generally communication issues between front of house, reception, and the fitters. It’s the old game of stage whispers ‘send reinforcements we are going to advance’ and what gets heard is ‘send 3 and 4 pence we are going to a dance’.

My Toyota dealer is probably average, generally OK. My Skoda dealer was so good in comparison, just brilliant.

Frustrating because they were brilliant with the wife's last car over 8 years. Much better than Mini - BMW which is what she has now. 

The Comms issue is bizarre. I told them on the phone when I booked it, I told them again when they confirmed, I told them again on the e-check in, and told them again when they rang me up again, and told them again when I dropped the car off. What's the point of all that confirmation if they still don't do half of it and even fail to wash n vac the car which they shouldn't even need telling about at all. Crazy.

Will be October now before I get back there. Diary is just too busy with domestic, international business etc.  Grrrr

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, spicyhotone said:

I was fairly pleased with this service I got (this was from Reading Toyota) for 1st service. I'd written on the notes to perform the update to fix the foghorn sound when cold, which they claim to have done (no way of telling until it get's cold again). They flagged up the ESC update themselves, so assume that's been done (not sure if I can tell or not). Got the free wash (without being asked, I'd meant to ask them not to wash the car, I prefer to do that myself, and they didn't do a very good job of it). Also I asked them to sort the wobbly charger port door - they had to order the part, which is now in, and booked to go back in September (I had to book ahead over a month to get an appointment with a courtesy car or while you wait which seems ridiculous - those should be standard options?)

Wish the mileage intervals were greater - 10K seems very low for a modern car, especially considering it's mostly driven in EV mode, so the engine/oil doesn't get much use (or stress when it is used). Previous VW group cars all had long life servicing, where the car determines when it needs a service based on usage/engine oil analysis - typically around 18K/24 months. Shame Toyota don't offer a similar option, would seem even more sensible on a PHEV where potentially the engine doesn't get much use and/or is used in a less stressful manner than an ordinary ICE. Short intervals on the RAV4 do increase costs and hassle of ownership.

Bit of a hi-jack on the thread. When were the charge door parts ordered? I've been waiting nine weeks and potentially a further seven weeks to go.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Lawnmowerman said:

Bit of a hi-jack on the thread. When were the charge door parts ordered? I've been waiting nine weeks and potentially a further seven weeks to go.

Service was early July. I got a call about a month later to say the part had arrived, but then had to wait a further month for convenient appointment to fit it. We shall have to wait & see if it's the correct part of course!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Lawnmowerman said:

Bit of a hi-jack on the thread. When were the charge door parts ordered? I've been waiting nine weeks and potentially a further seven weeks to go.

Has the flap flopped yet William?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Hayzee said:

Has the flap flopped yet William?

No flap flopped fank goodness 🤣. Drooped yes, flopped no - not quite sure which would be worse 🤣.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Lawnmowerman said:

No flap flopped fank goodness 🤣. Drooped yes, flopped no - not quite sure which would be worse 🤣.

Flop must be worse than a droop....No? 😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My flopage hasn't got any worse. It begs the question whether there are a limited number of defective hinge mechanisms or the replacement parts will do the same. I doubt there has been any redesign at this fairly early stage of production.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, nlee said:

My flopage hasn't got any worse. It begs the question whether there are a limited number of defective hinge mechanisms or the replacement parts will do the same. I doubt there has been any redesign at this fairly early stage of production.

Let's face it it is a poor piece of engineering and much larger than necessary to do the job, it's an accident waiting to happen. I can see this being an issue over the years even if you get a good one to start with. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, nlee said:

My flopage hasn't got any worse. It begs the question whether there are a limited number of defective hinge mechanisms or the replacement parts will do the same. I doubt there has been any redesign at this fairly early stage of production.

After a certain age the floppage probably becomes constant 🤣

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Nick72 said:

After a certain age the floppage probably becomes constant 🤣

Gravity is no friend of the old!

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership