Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2015 Verso 1.8 manual each start weird sound after moving few meters

Silverado

Hi, so my (just 26.000km) Verso has this weird issue that I am not sure even is an issue but wanted to ask.

After starting the car and driving for maybe 10-30 meters there is this weird sound. It is almost like central locking sound but under the car or engine bay. It only comes once per drive. But it does appear every start and driving small distance. It does require moving the car to get that sound not just idling in the spot.

It does not feel or sound like mechanical problem. More like something is turned on or off, like a solenoid controlled flap.

Some sort of abs test? some anti polluting flap thingy? 😛  

I bought the car few months ago and the sound was there from the start. I have driven the car for 3k so far no problems.

It has been serviced every year and 4-5k  intervals at Toyota.

The car also has webasto heater if that has anything to do with it.

282605703_1867343350103032_5234703637288

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there Patrik. I believe this is normal and the sound of the traction control system or the ABS doing a test as you set off. I have a 2008 Corolla Verso that does the same every start of a journey after turning engine on and moving away. Ive had my car since 2009 and its normal.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links