Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Daihatsu Sirion Clutch KIT

Biomecanoid

Hello,

Can anyone please help me find the part# of the clutch kit for my manual 2006 Daihatsu Sirion ?

I would like to buy it myself and then take the part to a mechanic to be installed because last time I have the clutch replaced it was obviously not genuine as it lasted only about 3 years.

The car is only 1000cc and does not really have the power to destroy a clutch in such a sort while 

Here are the details of my car:

Vehicle_maker Daihatsu Sirion

Vehicle_model M300

Vehicle_chassis_no JDAM300S001007410

Vehicle_year 2006

Vehicle_engine_model 1KR-FE 1000cc

The car is exactly the same with Toyota Passo and Subaru Justy

Are there any options better than the original ? as I would like not to deal with this again soon

From my quick search I've found the following (note; some of the Daihatsu part numbers are for individual sub assemblies like release bearing etc):

DAIHATSU - 31210-B1010
DAIHATSU - 31230-87504 S15
DAIHATSU - 31230-87507 S15
DAIHATSU - 31230-87508 S15
DAIHATSU - 31230-87702 S15
DAIHATSU - 31230-87703 S15
DAIHATSU - 31230-87704 S15
DAIHATSU - 31230-97202
DAIHATSU - 31230-97202 S2

Some after market clutch kit equivalents:
ASHIKA: 70-06-624, 92-06-623
EXEDY: DHC571, DHK2056
LUK: 619 3124 00
SKF: VKC 3578

The above should fit the M300. Exedy is an OEM manufacturer for most Japanese car brands and I've had good experience with their parts. 

Do verify everything before buying. Good luck.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, APS said:

From my quick search I've found the following (note; some of the Daihatsu part numbers are for individual sub assemblies like release bearing etc):

DAIHATSU - 31210-B1010
DAIHATSU - 31230-87504 S15
DAIHATSU - 31230-87507 S15
DAIHATSU - 31230-87508 S15
DAIHATSU - 31230-87702 S15
DAIHATSU - 31230-87703 S15
DAIHATSU - 31230-87704 S15
DAIHATSU - 31230-97202
DAIHATSU - 31230-97202 S2

Some after market clutch kit equivalents:
ASHIKA: 70-06-624, 92-06-623
EXEDY: DHC571, DHK2056
LUK: 619 3124 00
SKF: VKC 3578

The above should fit the M300. Exedy is an OEM manufacturer for most Japanese car brands and I've had good experience with their parts. 

Do verify everything before buying. Good luck.

Thank you for your quick reply

So out of the lot you recommend Exedy right ?

Also the Sirion come with a 1500cc engine can I install that clutch on my 1000cc 1KR-FE.

Is there an upgraded "heavy duty" clutch for the car ? as I want to fix it once and for all.

What about these that I have found:

https://www.euspares.co.uk/parts/valeo/17006910

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/exedy/11019110

Is there an original part number that includes everything needed as a kit ?

In my experience, I have not had any problems with Exedy parts. They are an OEM for Japanese car makers. Hence, I trust them. That does not mean you can't use other makes. 

BluePrint/Febi/Bilstein, SKF, and Valeo are also well known brands.

The 1.5 engine will most likely use a completely different flywheel and gearbox, so the clutches would not be compatible with the 1KR-FE engine.

There is no 'uprated' clutch. Remember, a clutch is a consumable item, a bit like brake pads. They wear out, sooner or later. 

There is seemingly conflicting information about the clutches. Some are 180 mm, some 190 mm and some are 200 mm in diameter. This is annoying as they should not be normally be interchangeable, unless the flywheel has a 200 mm friction surface. In which case, that is what you want, as you want to make use of as much of the surface as possible. You may want to look into this to check compatibility. What all part listings do agree on though, is that the clutch disc has 20 splines / teeth (as opposed to 19 for the Aygo, which also uses the 1KR-FE; I'm assuming this is due to using a different gearbox to Toyota).

The parts you've find look fine. I looked up your car directly on Blueprint's website.

You may want to contact Daihatsu to find out the exact details. Even though they have stopped selling cars in Europe, they still supply parts through authorised service dealerships across Europe.

2 minutes ago, APS said:

In my experience, I have not had any problems with Exedy parts. They are an OEM for Japanese car makers. Hence, I trust them. That does not mean you can't use other makes. 

BluePrint/Febi/Bilstein, SKF, and Valeo are also well known brands.

The 1.5 engine will most likely use a completely different flywheel and gearbox, so the clutches would not be compatible with the 1KR-FE engine.

There is no 'uprated' clutch. Remember, a clutch is a consumable item, a bit like brake pads. They wear out, sooner or later. 

There is seemingly conflicting information about the clutches. Some are 180 mm, some 190 mm and some are 200 mm in diameter. This is annoying as they should not be normally be interchangeable, unless the flywheel has a 200 mm friction surface. In which case, that is what you want, as you want to make use of as much of the surface as possible. You may want to look into this to check compatibility. What all part listings do agree on though, is that the clutch disc has 20 splines / teeth (as opposed to 19 for the Aygo, which also uses the 1KR-FE; I'm assuming this is due to using a different gearbox to Toyota).

The parts you've find look fine. I looked up your car directly on Blueprint's website.

You may want to contact Daihatsu to find out the exact details. Even though they have stopped selling cars in Europe, they still supply parts through authorised service dealerships across Europe.

Yes clutch pads do wear out but not in 3 years and this is a sign of an inferior part.

The conflicting information about clutch size might be a way for manufacturers to cut down cost and give you a cheap part that will not last. I would go with the bigger size 

Do you have any contact details for Daihatsu so I can continue from here ?

Thank you 

180mm is the old clutch size, this was replaced by the 190mm due to clutches burning out at low miles, this also involved changing other parts, the last time the clutch was done they may have used a 180mm clutch

don't take aftermarket parts listings as being correct either

1KR engines can be very different depending on the car they are in

Luk - 619 3124 00 not had an issue with LUK, support is good if you need it

https://aftermarket.schaeffler.co.uk/en-gb/catalog/auto-parts/clutch-attachment-parts/clutch-kit/clutch-kit-luk-repset/p-TA-479-6193124000/v-TA-18482

Daihatsu on longer operate in the UK or Europe (sales)

https://www.daihatsu.co.uk/

• Like 2

3 hours ago, flash22 said:

180mm is the old clutch size, this was replaced by the 190mm due to clutches burning out at low miles, this also involved changing other parts, the last time the clutch was done they may have used a 180mm clutch

don't take aftermarket parts listings as being correct either

1KR engines can be very different depending on the car they are in

Luk - 619 3124 00 not had an issue with LUK, support is good if you need it

https://aftermarket.schaeffler.co.uk/en-gb/catalog/auto-parts/clutch-attachment-parts/clutch-kit/clutch-kit-luk-repset/p-TA-479-6193124000/v-TA-18482

Daihatsu on longer operate in the UK or Europe (sales)

https://www.daihatsu.co.uk/

Thanks for the reply

Let me get things clear.  If i now have 180mm size clutch in the car is there an issue going to 190mm ? Do I need anything extra apart from the clutch kit ?

i couldn't tell you what you have in the car - no tech doc's to say there is any need for extra parts on the Sirion

This is what I have found so far ( have excluded too cheap parts ) any other reputable brand I missed ?

image.thumb.png.134b076b2ea7ae65127de95e7ea8c7ec.png

This is a tricky one as there is no way to know what you currently have until you've got the old one out. Are you planning on changing the clutch yourself? Then it might be safest to wait with ordering a new kit until you have the old one out and can measure it - providing you don't depend on the car as a daily driver.

Then there is the second question if you can install a larger clutch on the existing flywheel. The main issue would be the size of the friction surface on your flywheel . Does it have a 200 mm diameter area and is the pressure plate assembly of a larger clutch bigger with different mounting points? The Exedy part you've listed appears to indicate a bolt circle diameter of 225 mm. Unfortunately the other makes have not stated this.. 

26 minutes ago, APS said:

This is a tricky one as there is no way to know what you currently have until you've got the old one out. Are you planning on changing the clutch yourself? Then it might be safest to wait with ordering a new kit until you have the old one out and can measure it - providing you don't depend on the car as a daily driver.

Then there is the second question if you can install a larger clutch on the existing flywheel. The main issue would be the size of the friction surface on your flywheel . Does it have a 200 mm diameter area and is the pressure plate assembly of a larger clutch bigger with different mounting points? The Exedy part you've listed appears to indicate a bolt circle diameter of 225 mm. Unfortunately the other makes have not stated this.. 

No I will not change the part myself, I just want to buy the part and find a mechanic to install it.

Last time I had the clutch changed it lasted about 3 years which is not that much and I assume the mechanic just installed the cheapest clutch kit he could find.

So this time I want to make sure I have a quality replacement part.

45 minutes ago, APS said:

If i am not mistaken I believe this is the flywheel of my car:                   https://www.proxyparts.com/car-parts-stock/information/make/daihatsu/model/sirion/part/flywheel/partid/8190424/Flywheel from a Daihatsu Sirion 2008

The flywheel in the photo has clearly had an 18 cm clutch installed and it looks like there is space for a 20 cm clutch disk (measuring the distance between the chamfered edge). If your flywheel is the same, then I'd say there's definitely hope of installing a larger clutch. That may explain why there appears to be a mix of sizes available and recommended for your car. Because they all fit. 

Still, it's a gamble. But maybe with a bit more research you can find further evidence to support this idea. 

If i go larger 190mm will the flywheel need resurfacing ? Wont there be a groove where the clutch used to touch ? will the mechanic be able to do that or will I need a new flywheel.

I will try to find more evidence regarding the flywheel maybe some schematics

190mm is the spec, there is a lot more technical specifications to take into account for a clutch than just size, get the correct part for your car

the earlier M100  with the EJ-VE Daihatsu (used in the mira/chore up to late 2006 is only 170mm

On 9/13/2022 at 8:50 AM, Biomecanoid said:

If i go larger 190mm will the flywheel need resurfacing ? Wont there be a groove where the clutch used to touch ? will the mechanic be able to do that or will I need a new flywheel.

Yes, there will most likely be a small lip. A machine shop will be able to resurface the flywheel for you. Even if your mechanic can't do it, he/she may know who can. Depending on the state of the flywheel, it can be a good idea to resurface it regardless of what size clutch you install.

As Bob says, the diameter is not everything. Do you know what make the current, worn out, clutch is? I'm always a little surprised by and sceptical about worn out clutches. Especially since I've never managed to wear one out from start to finish myself (despite my best efforts!).

I have asked all my local providers regarding compatible clutches based on my car's Make, Model and VIN and found the below :

Luk is 190mm 20 teeth

Exedy is 180mm 20 teeth

and 

Aisin is 184mm 18 teeth

Which one should I choose for longevity and reliability which one will last the longest under similar conditions ?

Aisin.PNG

Exedy.PNG

Luk.PNG

I believe the Aisin stands out and its not compatible, the local distributor must have made a mistake 

I don't have a conclusive verdict on that. The LUK is larger than the original and expensive. Exedy should be OEM spec and price is OK - this looks like the safe bet.

You could try the LUK if the garage takes responsibility for it being the correct model - if it doesn't fit then they can get it exchanged for the correct version.

This said, I don't see why this little engine should wear out clutches faster than anything else. 

13 minutes ago, APS said:

I don't have a conclusive verdict on that. The LUK is larger than the original and expensive. Exedy should be OEM spec and price is OK - this looks like the safe bet.

You could try the LUK if the garage takes responsibility for it being the correct model - if it doesn't fit then they can get it exchanged for the correct version.

This said, I don't see why this little engine should wear out clutches faster than anything else. 

Locally I was quoted 133 euros +VAT for the LUK clutch,  the photos I used from the internet were only for you to understand the products I have found. Local prices are different.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links