Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Codes P0036 & P0037

oleinone

I am going to look at an Auris Touring Sport at the weekend and a roadworthiness test taken yesterday showed up the above two codes. The description indicates a" fault in the antipollution system but with no serious effect on the systems functionality". Can anyone offer an interpretation of this please - is it serious, should I forget about this car as a potential purchase? It's from December 2016 with 104000kms and with the 112 D4-D engine.

2 hours ago, oleinone said:

I am going to look at an Auris Touring Sport at the weekend and a roadworthiness test taken yesterday showed up the above two codes. The description indicates a" fault in the antipollution system but with no serious effect on the systems functionality". Can anyone offer an interpretation of this please - is it serious, should I forget about this car as a potential purchase? It's from December 2016 with 104000kms and with the 112 D4-D engine.

Oh dear, 

why would you buy diesel in todays times when Toyota offers best in business hybrids? , and this particular car is troublesome with Diesel engine . Stay clear if you haven’t bought yet. Does not matter if problem is big or small, buying a car with known issue that you are not aware if its big or small can be a costly mistake, plus you are buying a car with the wrong fuel. If this is bmw 1.6 engine , I won’t touch this car even for free. Buy hybrid if you after automatic or 1.6 petrol manual only if you prefer manual and you are on the budget. 

Was seller aware of the code, or it only shown with a scanner, but does not indicate anything on the display?

I'd give it a bit more time to hear other opinions on that engine before going for the purchase.

• Like 1

OBD2 codes are generic, they have manufacturer specific definitions

I would not touch the car given the year and mileage, you're just asking for trouble

• Like 2

If I were you I would take the well informed advice of both TonyHSD and that of Flash they are seldom if ever wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looked up the codes for the 1WW (112 BMW 1.6 diesel)

P0036 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 2

P0037 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 1 Sensor 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links