Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Economy Light

SHAHZAD QAMAR

I own a AVENSIS 1998 MODEL, my question is to anyone out there.

The green ECONOMY light in my car has gone off and not come back on for a whilst now any ideas why this has happened?

I have serviced the car and changed the oil again myself and checked the fuse box.

The green ECONOMY light usally comes on to indicate the you are driving economically.

But for about 2 months the light hasn't come back on.

Bulb's gone,it went on mine as well about 18 months ago.I got it changed as part of a service for £5,but they said if i just got the bulb changed it would cost £60 that's a maindealer for you.

If you feel confident enough to change it the bulb only cost's about a quid but i have found messing about behind the dash a pain.Try and find a good local auto-electrician who should do it a lot cheaper.

Insturment panels are easy to remove & change bulb.

Basically you have 2 screws in upper portion of instrument panel surround which you need to remove. Surround will then pull out by releasing 2 snap-in clips ( make sure column is adjusted to lowest position ). Instument panel is then retained by 4 screws, remove them, pull panel towards you until you can access connectors. Disconnect connectors ( will only fit in correct ports when re-fitting ), remove panel & change bulb.

Reconnect & check light works before refit. Refitting is opposite of removal.

If I was closer I would do it for you. Try it yourself & save your hard earned cash.

;)

Everyone seemed to miss the obvious one here.....

Sun's out, driving is more fun, you could always take your foot off the accelerator :D :D :D :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links