Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Have you had a breakdown?

Bper

After looking at our breakdown cover that runs out in November, it seems that there are 5 types of breakdown available. However, as most people have taken the insurance add-on this cover only allows recovery within a 10 mile local radius of your home. My view is if our Auris did break down and could not be fixed on the side of the road, I would like the car to be towed to a Toyota garage and be assessed to see if this falls within the relax warranty.

Unless you do short journeys and have a Toyota service centre locally, are you prepared to pay the additional cost to get the car picked up and sent to a Toyota dealer?

Full recovery seems to be the only way to go but would be grateful for comments of competitive prices and views from members. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bper said:

My view is if our Auris did break down and could not be fixed on the side of the road, I would like the car to be towed to a Toyota garage and be assessed to see if this falls within the relax warranty.

Unless you do short journeys and have a Toyota service centre locally, are you prepared to pay the additional cost to get the car picked up and sent to a Toyota dealer?

Personally I think nationwide recovery is the most valuable part of breakdown coverage, more so than local and home breakdown where it's easier to get yourself home.

As for getting the car towed straight to a Toyota garage, it all depends on when you break down and whether the dealer is open, the cause and whether it needs a dealer to fix (ie complex vs simple issue) and how close your local garage is. 

• Like 3

Definitely national recovery. 

Hired truck caught fire north of Newcastle, AA to Lincolnshire. 

Car alternator failure 100 miles put 100 miles to go. 

Car dynamo failure 10pm on a Sunday night. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Definitely national recovery. 

Hired truck caught fire north of Newcastle, AA to Lincolnshire. 

Car alternator failure 100 miles put 100 miles to go. 

Car dynamo failure 10pm on a Sunday night. 

Roy

I agree with you that national recovery is the best option, however I wonder how many people have taken the insurance addon and assumed this covered them for national recovery and not the 10 mile local radius of there home.

Small print can be easily missed and often is.😒

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links