Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dash cams.

wee Alan

Has anyone came across any problems  fitting a dash cam .

Hard wired. Or just aux socket.

Causing any issues ..eg Battery drain 

Thanks

I had the Nextbase front / rear dash cams fitted by the dealer on my C-HR so they where supplied & fitted with a hard wire kit. 

There is a rechargeable Battery pack installed in to the front cam to power the parking mode function - the Battery pack is also easily user replaceable in the future. 

On my previous Peugeot vehicle I fitted a Garmin dash cam with an official hard wire kit, that had a user adjustable power supply cut off to stop the dash cam in parking mode from draining the 12 volt Battery

• Like 1

I have a Nextbase in my C-HR. No problems at all. Our new Yaris will have a Dealer fitted Nextbase too (which was negotiated fee as part of the deal)

I have a dealer fitted Nextbase, which I do not like, so I have added a Vantrue S1 front and rear camera which is powered from the 12 socket.  The parking mode, used away from home on the S1, is catered for by connecting up a smart mobile sized power pack.  At home the car is covered by the house CCTV so no need for the parking mode.  Never had an issue with either camera other than not being able to use the Nextbase app.

I've hard wired my next base dash camera to the cig lighter fuse in the fuse box using a piggy back fuse holder, only live when ignition turned on and no wires showing.

• Like 1

Surely if they are that brazen they would steal the parts close to the owners home they would take the camera as well as the parts.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links