Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hybrid battery air filters

BobHos

On new Yaris there's a filter on the air intake under back seat.  I don't know if previous Yaris had it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BobHos said:

Does anyone know if the Yaris hybrid battery has an air filter

Not the earlier models no

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobHos said:

Does anyone know if the Yaris hybrid battery has an air filter

Ensure that you never store anything on the near side floor behind the front seat that could block that air intake 

• Like 3

Mk3 doesn't have a changeable filter, but it does have a mesh that need cleaning

pull up the back seat (clips are 200-300mm in either side) - pop the 2 clips off the trim, you can then clean it

517212211_IMG_1575(Medium).JPG.e7bcb25db

985092676_IMG_1577(Medium).JPG.892fbfedf

1562944164_IMG_1578(Medium).JPG.fc83babc

• Like 2

Fine dust into the Battery cooling system it’s not an issue. The problem is human hair and animal fur. If you are an lady driver or have women passengers or pets keeping the interior nice and clean and most importantly hair (fur) free is the best step you can do and regular filter cleaning or change. 👍

• Like 3

Thinking about it filter could get blocked whereas a grill would be less lightly to get clogged. 

• Like 2

Thanks to all for the information. I should have said that my Yaris is a Y20 model (Mk???).

Tried to have a look myself - managed to pop the 7 fixings on the under-seat cover but how do I lift the back seat?

Y20 is a Mk3 Y20 is the anniversary model (late 2018 - 2019), usually in bi-tone

https://newsroom.toyota.eu/toyota-yaris-y20-celebrating-20-years-of-yaris/

back seat removal, see above - 2-300mm in from the edge and pull/tug upwards

Random youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8MUTIGD1qU

Are the back seat fixing clips at the front or rear of the seat?

Those white plastic clips are at the front end of the seat, be careful, the seat needs some force to pull it up but those clips do break relatively easily

• Like 3

I am no weakling but I can not dislodge the two front clips and Iam reluctant to try to lever it up after parts-king warning about clips breaking easily.

• Like 2

Just gone back over previous replies and I see that Flassh22 says that the Mk3 Yaris does not have a filter.

The reason I was asking about the filter was because my 2 year old Y20 Yaris just had its 2 year service and work done did not include hybrid Battery filter replacement. The service and warranty booklet indicated replacement but the item in the booklet schedule had a note referenced to it saying "C-HR" but I am unsure if the service and warranty booklet is the correct one for my particular Yaris. I have had inappropriate owners manuals and service and warranty booklets before.

I think the only thing I can do is eat some spinach and try again to lift the seat, etc tomorrow.

• Like 1

I knew a girl like th-NO! I mean, the dash in the Mk4 was like that; Felt like I was going to break it when I was pulling on it, but turns out a short--sharp tug in the right place will just pop the clip out easy as you like!

The trick is pulling in the right place - It has to be near the clip, otherwise it just bends and doesn't pop out.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Cyker said:

I knew a girl like th-NO! I mean, the dash in the Mk4 was like that; Felt like I was going to break it when I was pulling on it, but turns out a short--sharp tug in the right place will just pop the clip out easy as you like!

The trick is pulling in the right place - It has to be near the clip, otherwise it just bends and doesn't pop out.

Oh No!! I must have married her🤭😂🤣. Don’t worry about my health folks, she never reads this forum 🤭

• Haha 7

Day two - had my spinach and tried again using a lot of force whilst jerking/yanking the seat at the two fixing locations about 10 inches in on either side where I could feel the fixings but still no joy. Any harder and i am sure I would have dislodged my shoulder joint.

Any other suggestions?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BobHos said:

Any other suggestions?

Get somebody stronger 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

You really have to tug it directly upwards.  

• Haha 1

That's what sh- sorry I'll just sit in the corner...

• Haha 2

Eureka - at long last - managed to lift the rear seat. When I tried last time I was bent over with my arms at right angles to my torso and ended up aggravating defects at the top and bottom of my spine. This time I kept my arms more or less in line with my torso so that there was no levered force on my spine and I successfully undid the front clips. I have found that there isn't a filter on the hybrid Battery cooling fan intake, only a fairly coubik plastic mesh.

• Like 4

So was there a trick to it or was it really just "Yank it harder! HARDER!!" :naughty: :laugh: 

• Like 1