Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris GR sport

flash22

9 hours ago, GR Weasel said:

The city pack includes electric folding mirrors though and they have electric rear windows as standard. 

And if you bought straight from the Toyota website with no offers it comes to 26.5k? 2k below what you have been quoted. 

Where are you seeing this? 

Sorry are you asking me?  Where are you getting the £26.5k from? According to Toyota UK website and pricelist, the costs are:

Excel £28650 + metallic £615 = £29265

GR £28970 + safety £650 = £29620 ( metallic comes as std ).

I do agree with the other comment above tho, I'd have preferred less GR branding.

11 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

Sorry are you asking me?  Where are you getting the £26.5k from? According to Toyota UK website and pricelist, the costs are:

Excel £28650 + metallic £615 = £29265

GR £28970 + safety £650 = £29620 ( metallic comes as std ).

I do agree with the other comment above tho, I'd have preferred less GR branding.

Sorry i was looking at Cash Price, its £31k now if you got two tone with City Pack on finance... insane. May as well get the new Honda Civic at that price.

£26.5k is the Yaris not the cross, I have no interest in the Cross

(I mean because I hate SUVs, not for any weird reasons!!!)

I had a dyslexic Vauxhall, 1.4 turbo that had a drinking problem, town driving, the speed limit could drag down the MPG in to the low 20's, turbo and cam chain issues plague the car anything over 40-50K miles, got rid of it before it bankrupted me - not going to buy a Vauxhall again especially as there all now Peugeot / PSA, same as Nissan are Renaults in a kimono

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, flash22 said:

not going to buy a Vauxhall again especially as there all now Peugeot / PSA

I've driven a few different versions of the current Corsa as it was the Vauxhall / Peugeot repair agents courtesy car of choice.

Nothing special, some ergonomic issues with reaching controls.

Only thing of note was 1 I was loaned had the excellent LED matrix head lights fitted 😎

IIRC GM had finalized the new Corsa design then PSA bought Vauxhall / Opel, PSA then delayed the new Corsa launch so they could tweak the final design plus add PSA mechanical bits & tech.

The Vauxhall garage staff always got slightly annoyed when I referred to a Corsa loan car as a 208 in boring disguise 🤣

• Haha 1

On 10/12/2022 at 11:18 AM, GR Weasel said:

Sorry i was looking at Cash Price, its £31k now if you got two tone with City Pack on finance... insane. May as well get the new Honda Civic at that price.

It is insane. The list of the car we ordered was a fraction under £30. ( without taking in to account discount that is )

There were only a few cars that suited what our YarisX will be used for and they were all around that price.  If I hadn't been concerned about only driving short distances in town traffic but still wanted a small SUV type vehicle, after taking discounts into account, for the same money we could have bought a Ford Puma ST, that's the performance version not the ST-Line trim. It'd have been way more expensive to run tho!

That said the used price of our current car is even more insane so I guess it evens things up.

EDIT: I was looking around to see if there was anything very low miles available right now but as per above, used Yaris X prices are more expensive than new. If you want insanity, there's a AWD 22 plate model on sale at a Toyota dealer for £40k.  🤣🤣

£40k used Yaris Cross

Edited by RonYarisX
Additional text
  • Haha 2

Wait, does that mean it's £510 to tax?? :eek: 

No as it's not original list price. 

18 months old Yaris excel is going for the same price as what I ordered for new. It's fortunate I have a MK3 to trade in which cost more now than when I paid for it over 4 yrs ago 😳😁

11 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

No as it's not original list price. 

Ah yes good point - I guess it works both ways! (Not that that'd be much comfort for whoever's paying 40k for that!!)

11 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

18 months old Yaris excel is going for the same price as what I ordered for new. It's fortunate I have a MK3 to trade in which cost more now than when I paid for it over 4 yrs ago 😳😁

That must be a nice feeling - It still seems freakishly bizarre to me that people can *make* money selling their old cars! :laugh: Don't know how long the bubble will last so take advantage while it's still there!

So far I still think catlover is in the lead - Sold both hybrids for small petrol cars; He must have made a packet! :laugh: 

• Like 1

I don't think anyone with a right mind will pay 40k for that cross. Someone made a good point regarding dealers/garages inflate the prices so every car with an inflated price seem like a normal price. 

Yes it's the reason I'm buying new this time as my used car price is very good as well used 18 months old are same price as new. Have to take advantage when I have the finance to do so.

That applied years ago new cars the same price as second hand cars purchased on HP finance ond offered for sale with xxxx miles on them plus 2 years old or just under.

27 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

I don't think anyone with a right mind will pay 40k for that cross. Someone made a good point regarding dealers/garages inflate the prices so every car with an inflated price seem like a normal price. 

Yes it's the reason I'm buying new this time as my used car price is very good as well used 18 months old are same price as new. Have to take advantage when I have the finance to do so.

You'd think that but it turns out there are a lot of really really really stupid people out there... :laugh: 

It's funny that things are so messed up that it's better value to buy a new car over a used one right now, assuming the long lead time is palatable anyway!

One of the few times that phrase Good things come to those who wait is actually true :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Some people must just sign on the dotted line.

From our experience  salesmen always come out with an inflated figure, and with all the extras on, then we say no and they toddle off to the back room and come back with something realistic.

But someone must just accept it and sign.

• Like 1

Aye, I can only assume some people have so much money and can't be bothered to haggle they just want to go in and buy it with the minimum of fuss.

I'd like to know what that feels like...! :laugh: 

It's a case of I want it now syndrome, look at other markets like the USA cars with market adjustments of anything up to 60% of the list price

if we hit a recession, the property market will collapse and people will be in negative equity, we have seen it around here with fuel prices, the amount of large cars and 4x4's like the discos and range rovers have disappeared and values have dropped, older diesels have all but gone, newer BMWs, Mercs and Audi's are very spubik - first thing to go is that monthly car payment

I'm wary of pulling the trigger on a new car (outright purchase)

• Like 1

You are correct if there is a recession then car prices will drop. I don't earn much but I can still afford the monthly with the new car even in a recession.

After selling/trade in my mk3, the difference are about 12-13k with interest for the new MK4 excel. If I had to stump up £22k without a car to sell then no. 

• Like 1

I mean out right with a PX, so in a similar position to yourself

a lot of people still live up to their limits' mortgaged to the hilt and a car payment on top

• Like 2

4 hours ago, flash22 said:

... the amount of large cars and 4x4's like the discos and range rovers have disappeared and values have dropped, older diesels have all but gone, newer BMWs, Mercs and Audi's are very spubik - first thing to go is that monthly car payment

I wish they'd tell that to people round here - I'm being drowned by increasing numbers of SUVs!! :eek: 

It also seems to go hand in hand with decreasing intelligence - I don't understand why people buy these massive behemoths and then try to take them down narrow roads. Watching two of these road whales trying to get past each other while everyone else is stuck behind them is increasingly part of my daily journeys. If one of them would have yielded it probably would have avoided it but nope, it has to be SUV chicken :rolleyes1: The worst thing is despite being on stilts they're apparently terrified of mounting the kerb to get past each other, presumably because of the low profile rubberbands they have for tyres would immediately puncture on looking at the kerb.

Given all these extra charges like the Congestion Charge and LEZ, ULEZ and now Extended ULEZ I do wonder what happened to the 4x4  and SUV charge that was supposed to come in as that might have brought some tangible benefit rather than the vague toxic air hand wavery they use as justification.

Oh that's *right*, that's what the mayor and his politician buddies drive...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links