Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2022v2 Map Update now available

bigblock

Latest map update 2022v2 now available via My Toyota website. Here we go again folks.😉

• Like 2

👍

Downloaded mine this afternoon !!

Another 3 to 4 hrs of my life wasted!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I usually don't have a problem downloading but I've had two failures so far citing Decompression failed, anyone else having issues?

Did mine yesterday (Thursday), no problems this time, all went well. 12 mins to download, 20 mins to unzip and then copy to USB Stick then 1 hour 10 mins sitting in the car while it updated.

• Like 1

I need to do this and missed the 2022v1 so wonder if somebody can help me with what all the stuff shown on My Toyota eStore is?

I've not paid before so this will be the first time. I've got an April 2019 1.8 Excel TS  and there seems a lot of options which I can purchase :-

1. 1 Yr or 3 Yr Map care & Services (which seems to be everything) but it mentions "Update to get the most from your Toyota Touch 2 with Go (CY17)" what is the CY17 about? and it this relevant to me?
  2. Then there's the 1, 2 or 3yr "Subscribe to online connected services, which appears to be the above without the map but doesn't mention CY17
  3. Then there's just the map update. This seems expensive (£119) if its only for 1 update (6 months?) compared with item 1 the 3 Yr Map care & services (£199) as it says you get 3 years of map updates with that. 

The 3 year deal seems the best option compared to 6 x £119 for just the 2 updates a year.  So good that I think I must be missing something?

Can anyone enlighten me as to what the different options actually provide & hopefully, for me, that the CY17 isn't something I need to consider.

I'm assuming you can miss an update, as I have, and just run the next one and it's fine, you don't need to do them all in sequence?

Thanks

Jeff

I’m in the same position as you. The “My Toyota eStore” site is a mess, and confusing to what you are actually buying. It has descriptive and spelling errors.

I’ve complained to Toyota about this section of site but got no satisfaction.

As I see it.

1 year map update with services £119 is 1 year license for 2 updates on around Apr/Oct.

3-year map update with services £199 is 3-year license at 2 updates per year around Apr/Oct (best deal).

Services packs bought with map update or alone are OK if you into these but will probably eventually lead to paid subscription to remain in service.

Regarding concern over CY17; As you’ve registered the multimedia device, Toyota recognises it and offer you relevant offers which should work with your device.

Updates don't have to be date consecutive using USB.

• Like 1

Installed 2022v2 map update successfully this afternooon. This was my last free update. I have never bought a map update via My Toyota. The website sounds a bit of a mess which it always is, so unless someone has actually paid for a map update on this forum and can give advice to those willing to pay I wouldn't risk it.

Updated mine yesterday, Went without any problems.

But still use my TomTom.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 9:25 AM, Rambler56 said:

I usually don't have a problem downloading but I've had two failures so far citing Decompression failed, anyone else having issues?

I had the same issue after downloading the ZIP file to my iMac and using the built in unzipping program, I found that if I used a third party decompression tool ("The Unarchiver" in my case - available from the Apple App Store) it decompressed without any issues. Hope this helps. 

3 hours ago, ACameron said:

I had the same issue after downloading the ZIP file to my iMac and using the built in unzipping program, I found that if I used a third party decompression tool ("The Unarchiver" in my case - available from the apple App Store) it decompressed without any issues. Hope this helps. 

Thanks.  After trying 3 times I downloaded the trial version of Winzip and it worked no problem first time.  I'm not sure why the built in program threw a wobble as it worked fine previously.  Maybe a sloppy bit of code in one of the last couple of OS updates.

Updated mine today.  On the drive I put the car in Ready mode, plugged in the USB, got out and locked the door with the mechanical key and left it for an hour.  Next time I looked it was all done.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having tried out 2022v2 over the last week or so, I find that it is not detecting the odd speed camera now and again. Anyone else finding this? I think I will go back to 2022v1. That version never missed a speed camera anywhere.

Is this different to the ones the car can download itself?

I'm assuming not as when I go to buy it it says "Free Via Map Care" and I've already updated the map at least once since I've had the car via wifi.

There probably is a difference. The manual download from the web is a massive 12gb plus size. I have never done an over the air update but that's not as big I believe. There seems to be alot of problems with updates on the 2022 model Corolla which is over the air updates when reading the many posts on here. Hope Toyota get this sorted out for the 2023 spec coming next year. Smart connect. I think not.

Given how slow our internet is, that would take a fortnight.

I guess the over the air updates are region specific? So I'd just get the UK rather than the whole of Europe.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links