Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Automatic Climate control

Unaz

Anyone retrofitted auto climate control to their MK2 Aygo?

I'm looking at buying second car but hate that ugly looking manual controls. Also I'm so used to of having automatic control I'll miss it big time. Would love to have some wiring diagram,what parts are required or something.

I know most of you will say it's more hassle than its worth just buy one with automatic control factory fitted but they seem really expensive. I'm aircraft mechanic and don't mind doing things others will dare to even think about.  

• Like 1

Not worth the hassle - the whole dash as to come out, the heater box is different a/c system will need evacuating, the electronics and loom will need swapping too

Climate is usually on the higher spec cars, hence the price difference, you sometimes see the lower spec models that had it as an option

X-clusiv, X-style, X-press should have it as standard around the £6k mark upwards, X-play has it as an option

the used market is very strong at the moment, smaller cars like the Aygo and yaris are commanding a premium

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Not worth the hassle - the whole dash as to come out, the heater box is different a/c system will need evacuating, the electronics and loom will need swapping too

Climate is usually on the higher spec cars, hence the price difference, you sometime see the lower spec models that had it as an option

X-clusiv, X-style, X-press should have it as standard around the £6k mark upwards, X-play has it as an option

the used market is very strong at the moment, smaller cars like the Aygo and yaris are commanding a premium

Are you sure about whole dashboard coming out? Also I don't see why system will need to be emptied if that's what you meant.

Loom wise it'll be new loom as well as existing so just need to add 1 more. It'll be a project and I'm happy to do what it takes as long as costs can stay reasonable. 

Another vote for not worth the bother.

Buy a car with the things you want already fitted.

• Like 1

Just now, Stivino said:

Another vote for not worth the bother.

Buy a car with the things you want already fitted.

I didn't think I was going to get answers I needed but thanks for your input. 

The heater box is completely different, this has the heater core and condenser in it, yes the dash has to come out to remove it

edit. The Climate is integrated into the instrument panel loom the A/C amp is very different as are the blower motor speed controls - the connector housings are difficult to get hold of, Toyota do not sell the pins but very overpriced pigtails, you can get the pins, but there are multiple types from 3-4 suppliers including Hirose, Sumitomo and JAE - usually only available by the box/reel, i have suppliers i use based in Japan for small quantities

The A/C amp is connected to the can bus, ecu, b-ecu and many other systems

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The heater box is completely different, this has the heater core and condenser in it

It's the evaporator that's in there.  The condensor is under the bonnet.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The heater box is completely different, this has the heater core and condenser in it, yes the dash has to come out to remove it

edit. The Climate is integrated into the instrument panel loom the A/C amp is very different - the connector housings are difficult to get hold of, toyota do not sell the pins but very overpriced pigtails, you can get the pins, but there are multiple types from 3-4 suppliers including Hirose, Sumitomo and JAE - usually only available by the box/reel, i have suppliers i use based in Japan for small quantities

The A/C amp is connected to the can bus, ecu, b-ecu and many other systems

Brilliant. Thank you for detailed reply. I think heater box, climate module, looms and stuff can be had from eBay

What's the AC amp and connector housing part you talked about difficult to get hold off. Sorry I am new to ac systems. Still a lot to learn but willing to do it. 

The A/C amplifier is an equivalent to a ECU for A/C or climate control

You said about making your own looms, housings and pins aka terminals make up connectors

here is a simplified diagram of the climate in the Mk2 aygo

kgb40 climate.pdf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

The A/C amplifier is an equivalent to a ECU for A/C or climate control

You said about making your own looms, housings and pins aka terminals make up connectors

here is a simplified diagram of the climate in the Mk2 aygo

kgb40 climate.pdf 154.23 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you for some very detailed work. You don't know part number for heater box/ evaporator by any chance?

I can't seem to find one for automatic climate control, only manual on eBay etc.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links