Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris MY22 - LTA - turn off (permanently)

mjjferreira

Hello,

i have tried everything, but everytime i turn on the car, LTA is activated again.

How do i turn it off permanently?

thanks

Don't think you can. Someone mentioned it's to do with the safety rating, so it stays on. I want it off too when I get my car next year! Like you I will find it very irritating to turn it off each start up. For me it's only going to be useful on the motorway when I'm feeling a bit tired. The radar acc will help with that. 

Can't. 

Within the EU, new cars with new Type Approval from July 2022 are legally required to have emergency lane keeping systems (eg LTA) and all new cars having these systems from July 2024. UK have probably adopted the same requirement.

Some manufacturers introduce the systems early.

It makes sense now.
On my corolla TS from 2021/12 i can turn it off completly.

Well, i will have to live with it. At least, the "bip bip" can be turned off. 😛 

thanks guys!

Keep the LTA steering wheel button depressed for a few seconds each time you start up, it will switch it off. A pain, but it works and you soon get used to it.

You can also change the setting from the ultra annoying beeps, to the vibration through the steering wheel.

It’s what I have done, I can live with that, in fact, I appreciate the lane tracking with that setting.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Stopeter44 said:

You can also change the setting from the ultra annoying beeps, to the vibration through the steering wheel.

It’s what I have done, I can live with that, in fact, I appreciate the lane tracking with that setting.

Yup...that's what i also did . 🙂

• Like 1

I’m generally opposed to turning off safety systems but I really do not see the need for that system to default to on.  You can’t even dumb it down.  I don’t mind it on the motorway but you can’t even pass a parked car on an deserted road without it fighting with you.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, anchorman said:

I’m generally opposed to turning off safety systems but I really do not see the need for that system to default to on. 

Blame the rule makers in the EU for forcing legislation upon vehicle manufacturers.

2 hours ago, forkingabout said:

Blame the rule makers in the EU for forcing legislation upon vehicle manufacturers.

They don’t specify that the lane departure must default to on.  That’s an Epsomism.   

This is one of the stupidest things with Brexit too - We're supposed to be able to make our own rules for exactly things like this but we're still following the EU for the vast majority of them (Otherwise we wouldn't be able to trade with the at all) so what was the point??

That’s right, you cannot permanently turn off the LTA.  If memory serves me correct,  the LTA should only kick in once you go above 36mph.

• Thanks 1

On another note, I realised yesterday that Toyota Europe issued another ECU update recall. Had one already last june. What the heck gives with Toyota?? Have you had any emails from Toyota on this subject??

2 hours ago, Nixy said:

On another note, I realised yesterday that Toyota Europe issued another ECU update recall. Had one already last june. What the heck gives with Toyota?? Have you had any emails from Toyota on this subject??

Recalls happen to all vehicle manufacturers from time to time - Toyota & Lexus included.

Speak to your Toyota dealer to see how important the recall actually is & if not important it could wait till the next service visit.

• Like 2

Thanks I know that. I am surprised that the same recall occurs after only one year. 

I'm actually glad they issue voluntary recalls to fix bugs proactively, instead of just ignoring them and only updating newly made cars like certain other manufacturers...

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links