Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius Gen2 Abs Vsc and Brake warning light

Deet

My Abs Vsc and Brake System Warning light came on about a month ago a few days after I replaced the Rear Discs and Pads. Checked with the Torque Pro App and no codes came up. Did a quick search and found that you could do a ABS reset ( putting a wire across 2 pins on the ODB2 plug) after resetting Abs all was good.

Today lights came back on again, On both occasions I was on Motorway doing 70mph ish, Not under braking and when checked Torque Pro app no error codes. 

Any advise would be appreciated.  

Abs switched off today so would look like I have a intermittent fault?

Was looking into getting a ODB2 scanner and looking a bit of feedback/your experience’s. Looks like the cheaper scanners don’t have Abs scanning functionality and ideally looking one that can scan multiple cars. 
Was looking at:-

Icarsoft CR Pro £260ish feedback a bit of a mixed bag and all seem to be resellers possible clone issues.

Foxwell NT680 lite £200ish, NT680 All systems £300, NT680 Pro £399 seem to be available from UK authorises seller and even Halfords, feedback from what I can find is positive.

Any input would be appreciated.

Hi. 
i had previously issue with speed sensor on one of the wheels. The abs , and all warning lights were triggered. I did diagnostic and reset the codes with help of cheap obd 2 reader Carista , however to do that I needed to subscribe to their service. They offer few levels like one month three months or full year pro subscription. The scanner works with other apps too lie hybrid assistant, dr Prius . Torque etc. You can scan almost all ecu’s of the car and also read hybrid malfunction faults. Highly recommend scanner. 
Here https://www.amazon.co.uk/CARISTA-OBD2-Bluetooth-Scanner-Customizations/dp/B0BBS73F6J/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1OXIB0HED30M8&keywords=carista+obd2&qid=1667999864&sprefix=Cari%2Caps%2C120&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

• Like 1

Many Thanks for the response, I wasn't sure on the app based ones due to how limited the Torque Pro app is, at least paying £10 if i get a fault that it cannot read is better than paying £200 upfront for a Scanner

7 minutes ago, Deet said:

Many Thanks for the response, I wasn't sure on the app based ones due to how limited the Torque Pro app is, at least paying £10 if i get a fault that it cannot read is better than paying £200 upfront for a Scanner

When you buy the adapter new they also include one month free subscription so you may only pay for the scanner itself and no need to pay any extra. Their own app works really well on gen 3 Prius or auris hybrids. 👍 

Was just checking the Supported Vehicles  on the website and all the cars I own are not supported (Prius Gen2, Mini R53 and Civic mk8)😢 That's a shame as scanner looks good. 

I've sent Carista a email to see if the full scan would still work? Hopefully its the customisation that does not work. Ill see what they respond with.

Again thanks for the response

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links