Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

So hard to post/read posts

Burton

Hi Andy,

Try another browser and see if that makes a difference. Also run a virus scan for malware/adware. 

• Like 2

Hi Andy,

If you're getting popups, popunders, ad's and what not I think you'll find you have malware of some description on your system as Bper has alread identified.

Malwarebytes should solve most nasties if you install it and run the scanner. It's free to download and use for the basic version, just means you have to run the scan on demand. Not all antivirus software will pick up malware!  You could also try one of the ad blockers out there depending on which browser you're using.

• Like 1

Things like that but they take over my whole screen. Don't happen anywhere else. I'm using Google browser on phone

Screenshot_20221111_222811_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221111_222904_com.android.chrome.jpg

12 minutes ago, Burton said:

Things like that but they take over my whole screen. Don't happen anywhere else. I'm using Google browser on phone

Thats strange, I don't get any ads on this site on my phone.

• Like 1

Looks like it was a privacy setting on the side drop down menu, it was Terrible. 

Although still getting eBay links up. 

Like Oisin says I don't any ad's on here either!

Try Malwarebytes, they do version taylored for Andriod  which I think your using.

2 minutes ago, Burton said:

Looks like it was a privacy setting on the side drop down menu, it was Terrible. 

Although still getting ebay links up. 

If your getting eBay links now you've sorted the Privacy issue it's likely you have tracking cookies hiding away in the cache. Try clearing the cache in the browser settings

• Like 2

Sorry I dont use Andriod devices but once owned a Android phone but that was years ago until it was  obselete and it woud say some text may be missing.

1 hour ago, Burton said:

i have installed all the addblocker on my google chrome  i have 

adblock

adblocker 

adblock for youtube i have as many as i can on it seems to stop all those annoying popups

Cheers guys seemed a privacy drop down menu at the side of my screen. Seems OK now 

I have always used android and mainly had Samsung, currently a two year old Galaxy S20 FE 5G. I have only had issues with android 12 years ago, with a Sony Ericsson phone, when an app was causing pop ups. I had to use a know safe malware detector to locate the problematic app, then I deleted it. This also fixed the high Battery and memory problem. 
I now only use official apps and the phone is kept up to date. The worst source for malware are themes and wallpapers, photo editors and special effects, VPN software, third party launchers, third party anti virus, PDF scanners, tarot and horoscope, and fake apps in general. Apple app store can though good, can also have dodgy apps get through the net. These scammers will try anything. My phone came with most of the apps I needed pre loaded. The very few I downloaded were from official sources!
A bit of 'house cleaning' every so often helps.

I tried logging on my mobile here. Not facing any issues with ads or popups.

Are you using android or IOS?

6 hours ago, patientbear said:

I tried logging on my mobile here. Not facing any issues with ads or popups.

Are you using android or IOS?

Think I sorted it now. On the side of the screen there's a blue privacy drop down menu, it was allowing everything. Sorted  now cheers. I can start posting now

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links