Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Two Small Problems With My Car...

alisongraphics

1... the rubber bit round one of the headlights keeps trying to fall out. can I just glue it back in ?

2... tonight the alarm has started going off every half hour or so. it's the standard Toyota alarm, windows are closed, etc, etc, what could it be ?

Thanks !

A

use clear silicon sealant on your rubber.

it works a treat. seal it to the head light all the way round. Use lots of it and wipe off the excess. hold it in place for five minutes before its dried enough to hold itself.

HTH christian

HAVE YOU TRIED SETTING THE AIR VENTS SO AS TO SHUT OFF AIR COMING IN FROM THE OUTSIDE?

MY OLD CAR HAD AIR MOVEMENT SENSORS THAT DETECTED AIR MOVING IN THE CAR WHEN IT WAS WINDY, BY SETTING THE VENTS TO RE-CIRCULATE THE AIR IN THE CAR IT STOPPED IT STRAIGHT AWAY, MIGHT BE WORTH A TRY?

I've got the same problem with my alarm so I'll watch this thread with interest.

I had the same problem with the surrounds on my Corolla headlights. I used clear silicon sealant to fix it but make sure that you ensure the headlight and rubber are spotless before using the sealant. If you don't then it will just fall off again.

Thanks for the advice guys :)

I'm off work tomorrow and Friday, so will have a go at fixing the rubber trim... I'll let you know how it goes!

A good thorough wash is in order too (I might even get round to cleaning the car if there's time :P )

Popping outside to close the airvents now, just incase. It has been fine all day today though.

A

The rubber popping out from the lights is a very very common problem with the Gen 6 celica, mine does it. There are small brackets that are suposed to hold the rubber in place and these become damaged easily. You can try and get replacement brackets or just seal it with silcone.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links