Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

ABS at very low speeds

Loosecanons

Hi,

I have a 2005 VVti

Recently I have noticed that what appears to be the ABS is activating at very low speeds. For example, rolling up to a junction very slowly.

I checked braking from 60mph on an empty stretch and it's fine. I had new disks and pads fitted last year.

I suspect it is a faulty sensor.

Any advice appreciated 

Thanks 

Agree with Stivino on this.

Another possibilty is the reluctor ring is either corroded or has picked up debris reducing the air gap between the reluctor ring and the abs sensor tip making  it over sensitive. Suggest a carefull check around those areas on all four wheels unless you h=can identify which wheel is affected, usually only the one.

My sons BMW 118d had very similar issues which we found out was one of the rear reluctor rings corroding and expanding. He was strapped for cash so I used an abrasive paper to remove the crud and made sure all the debris was cleaned out which brake cleaner and a small brush and it cured the issue until the following year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stivino said:

Often, the symptoms you describe are caused by a split reluctor on the front.

Edit; I said front because I think your rear one is incorporated into the bearing, therefore it is a different type.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links