Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

DEXOSD Oil

Photomorgana

Dear Toyota Auris Owners please help 🙂

I purchased Mobil 1 ESP X2 Engine Oil - 0W-20 - 5Ltr which was recommended by EuroCarParts for my car Toyota Auris Touring Sport Hybrid (Petrol) 2013. When fuelling it into my car, I noticed that there's a text "dexosD Diesel" on the oil label. The question is: can I use this oil in my car (petrol) or it's just for diesel engines?

Thanks in advance for your help :) 

Dexos and DexosD are just General Motors approval ratings for oil. From the spec sheet in the above post, the oil in question is suitable for both petrol and diesel engines.

Perhaps I am missing something?  According to the Mobil website they don't offer an oil for our 2013 Auris hybrid.

I just get this panel displayed:

Untitled.thumb.png.662538a348062c760159916228615967.png

Looks like a phone call is needed.

According to the link that I posted earlier, that oil is suitable for both petrol and diesel engines.

For engine and transmission oil choices best not to trust sites like Halfords , Opie, Eurocarparts and the likes as those offer products that are cross referenced by people who does not always understand what they are doing. For example these websites recommend 5w30 engine oil where 0w20 should be used, and 5w30 only as an emergency replacement which needs to be replaced with 0w20 in the next oil change - recommended by the car manufacturer. 

Best to refer to your car manual then search for exact specs by oil manufacturers spec sheet and see what is recommended, then search for price and availability.
Not all 0w20 oils are specifically made for hybrids.
Not a big deal if you use diesel oil in petrol hybrid, however if you use petrol hybrid oil spec in diesel may cause some cat or dpf issues. This is the biggest difference in oil types in later years. , because of the emissions devices fitted to the car’s exhaust systems. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2022 at 9:40 AM, Photomorgana said:

Dear Toyota Auris Owners please help 🙂

I purchased Mobil 1 ESP X2 Engine Oil - 0W-20 - 5Ltr which was recommended by EuroCarParts for my car Toyota Auris Touring Sport Hybrid (Petrol) 2013. When fuelling it into my car, I noticed that there's a text "dexosD Diesel" on the oil label. The question is: can I use this oil in my car (petrol) or it's just for diesel engines?

Thanks in advance for your help 🙂

That Mobil1 ESP X2 is very good quality oil and most likely better than Toyota original oil with 1/2 of the oil change interval range.  This dexosD oil has 20 000 miles rating and indeed have much higher PAO than Toyota API SN oil 0w-20.  It has about -50C pouring temperature, Toyota 0w-20 is only about -40C.  From that alone, we know that Toyota 0w-20 oil has less PAO and more HC synthetic or group III oil.  The additives is also more than enough but do not do 20k miles interval. Just do 10k miles interval max. 

If it can handle Diesel Turbo engine, it can handle mild naturally aspirated Hybrid engine better. The additives and Base oil must be more robust. There is nothing special about hybrid engine oil, as long as it is rated 0W-xx, 20 is the minimum not lower than that, you are good.  The 0w-20 and 0w-40 may have the same 0 number but 0w-20 still flow  easier (lower viscousity at the same temperature) than 0w-40.  So stick with 0W-20.   Toyota still use API SN ILSAC 5 but newer oil will be ILSAC 6A standard and need more % of PAO to achieve that. We will see one day Toyota 0W-20 oil will be ILSAC 6A standard too.   The new Toyota 0w-20 will be definitely better than the old API SN and I saw some import Oil from Japan with Toyota API SP marking 0w-20 ILSAC 6A (way more expensive).  https://www.ato24.de/de/toyota-motoroel-0w-20-sn.html

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links