Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2022 Yaris rubber mats and liner

Kevlar76

Has anyone found a good supplier for perfect fit rubber mats and boot liner please?

Just ordered the genuine ones from Toyota parts, but apparently they aren't compatible?!!

They are awaiting approval for the new mats apparently, which I find really odd.

Anyway.........

Any good fitting options out there?

Many thanks 👍

Are you sure that the order was for the 'Yaris GR Sports' mats rather than the 'GR Yaris' - different cars.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Are you sure that the order was for the 'Yaris GR Sports' mats rather than the 'GR Yaris' - different cars.

Yes, I'm sure.

They emailed me straight away to confirm.

I'm still confused about the whole conversation, it doesn't make sense.

I can get them through the dealer, but they're on back order apparently and I wanted them as soon as the car arrives in a couple of weeks.

2 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Yeah I saw that thanks.

Seems to be the only option currently 🙄

Just wondered if anyone had found any other good options.

Thanks though, may go for that in the end.

That's weird... although it says those are genuine ones, the driver's-side mat doesn't look anything like the ones that I have; It should have a flap that covers the dead pedal!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cyker said:

That's weird... although it says those are genuine ones, the driver's-side mat doesn't look anything like the ones that I have; It should have a flap that covers the dead pedal!

This is exactly what's worrying me now!

If Toyota can't get it together, then how do I know what's gonna fit?!

I may just have to get some cheap 'cut to shape' ones temporarily until everyone knows what they're doing 😂

TBH, if I was you I'd wait until the rubber mat companies copy the Toyota ones and start selling them on your preferred online retailer; They will be MUCH cheaper!!

The Toyota ones are good quality tho' - Nice and thick rubber, fit perfectly in the foot wells (I mean, you'd hope so given they designed the car! :laugh: ) and they are dished/have a good-sized lip, so water collects in them instead of just running off onto the carpet!

I did like the attention to detail of the flap for the dead pedal which is why I was surprised the one in the picture doesn't show it!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Cyker said:

TBH, if I was you I'd wait until the rubber mat companies copy the Toyota ones and start selling them on your preferred online retailer; They will be MUCH cheaper!!

The Toyota ones are good quality tho' - Nice and thick rubber, fit perfectly in the foot wells (I mean, you'd hope so given they designed the car! :laugh: ) and they are dished/have a good-sized lip, so water collects in them instead of just running off onto the carpet!

I did like the attention to detail of the flap for the dead pedal which is why I was surprised the one in the picture doesn't show it!

Yeah, just need something half decent in the meantime, as I don't want to spoil the footwells.

My Yaris arrives in the UK tomorrow apparently, so I need to make my mind up.

Ahh yeah. I had the protection pack plus option so mine came with the rubber mats when I collected it.

There's always the Halfords value mats as you say :laugh: 

I had those in most of my previous Yarisusuesis to be fair and they were fine, although the dealer service kept taking out the drivers one and putting it in the boot because it didn't have floor fixings and was 'unsafe' :rolleyes:

Edit: Just had a look on eBay; They do have the proper ones that are in mine!:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224213399108

The photos aren't great as they don't show how deep the dishing is, and they somehow look smaller/shorter than they are in real life, but you can see the extra flappy bit for the deadpedal.

• Thanks 1

Oh yeah, the dealer service, taking out the floor mats for "safety". and in the boot.

And in my case, Lexus, stuffing them onto the rear seat with no suggestions, or solution to the dealer manufactured problem.

I have posted on this before, and have yet to understand the logic of removing floor mats that are in the right place ,in favour of flopping them full of dust and and debris in the wrong place.

Still, the dealers, with their highly trained technicians in floor mat removal, must know best.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Having had experience of mats 'rucking up' under the pedals, I wouldn't consider anything that wasn't firmly fixed.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cyker said:

Ahh yeah. I had the protection pack plus option so mine came with the rubber mats when I collected it.

There's always the halfords value mats as you say :laugh: 

I had those in most of my previous Yarisusuesis to be fair and they were fine, although the dealer service kept taking out the drivers one and putting it in the boot because it didn't have floor fixings and was 'unsafe' :rolleyes:

Edit: Just had a look on eBay; They do have the proper ones that are in mine!:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224213399108

The photos aren't great as they don't show how deep the dishing is, and they somehow look smaller/shorter than they are in real life, but you can see the extra flappy bit for the deadpedal.

Yeah, I reckon that's them (Despite what eBay says 🙄)

Apparently the car will come with fabric mats anyway, so it gives me time to investigate.

Thanks for finding those 👍

14 hours ago, bathtub tom said:

Having had experience of mats 'rucking up' under the pedals, I wouldn't consider anything that wasn't firmly fixed.

Agreed. Just gotta find some!! 😂

Will make do for now.

Before buying some 3rd-party mats, definitely read the reviews. My direct experience is that some of them arrive with an overpowering unpleasant smell, which takes ages to dissipate and re-appears if the car interior gets hot. The advice from the supplying company was 'yes sir, they do smell at first sir, try using an air freshener sir....'. Whereas with OEM mats, never had a problem and always seem to be good quality

• Like 1

I bought after market rubber mats for my MX-5 and although they did fit properly, etc they did stink of rubber for a long time.

Remember in the olden days I used to put carpet samples in the footwell 😃 

They came in different sizes and different colours .......lovely 👍

• Like 2

Mine did (It was quite strong when I pulled them out of the plastic wrapping to install them!) but was masked by the 'new car smell' and later the supagard interior sealant; Phew, that's definitely a combination that wouldn't sell well, except maybe to drug addicts!

Was driving around with my windows open for a while but thankfully they've all faded out now (Either that or I'm just used to it now like I'm used to the multi-coloured elephants that sometimes walks across my dash :wacko::laugh:  )

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hybrid21 said:

I bought after market rubber mats for my MX-5 and although they did fit properly, etc they did stink of rubber for a long time.

Remember in the olden days I used to put carpet samples in the footwell 😃 

They came in different sizes and different colours .......lovely 👍

Ah yes, the carpet samples back in the day,if you were lucky,or could charm the carpet shop assistant, you could finish up with bound edging on the posher samples.

Or even a near matching pair of them.

My purple one on the drivers side, and lilac one on the passenger side, perfectly complemented the purple and rust bodywork on a Capri that I ran for a while.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SinglePointSafety said:

Before buying some 3rd-party mats, definitely read the reviews. My direct experience is that some of them arrive with an overpowering unpleasant smell, which takes ages to dissipate and re-appears if the car interior gets hot. The advice from the supplying company was 'yes sir, they do smell at first sir, try using an air freshener sir....'. Whereas with OEM mats, never had a problem and always seem to be good quality

I've had that before with a boot liner that was cheap and cheerful, but stunk!

Often a day airing laid out in the back garden does the trick (For the mats too! 😂)

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links