Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My T app disconnection ?

HSDish

Yep, I had MyTApp connection problems in late November too (after about 18 months of trouble-free connection). Re-installed the app several times, deleted account and re-registered as well as visited the local dealer twice without success. Then it just came back to life a few days ago.

There was an i-phone update (ios 15 to 16?) recently which may be a cause/cure. I also had a 12V Battery depletion (and jump-start) a couple of weeks back. Car is a 2021 Rav4 PHEV.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Allan Doyle said:

Yep, I had MyTApp connection problems in late November too (after about 18 months of trouble-free connection). Re-installed the app several times, deleted account and re-registered as well as visited the local dealer twice without success. Then it just came back to life a few days ago.

There was an i-phone update (ios 15 to 16?) recently which may be a cause/cure. I also had a 12V battery depletion (and jump-start) a couple of weeks back. Car is a 2021 Rav4 PHEV.

Sounds like the equivalent of a ‘perfect technology’ storm and very likely to cause a problem. We’ve all experience similar of something not working that functions again after a quick reboot or simply switching it off and on again. Not so simple with lots of changes happening at the same time.

• Like 1

I tried to use the remote cabin conditioning this morning using the MyT app. Eventually got an error message that it was unable to communicate with the server, move to car to a better position. Well, the car is parked where it always is a and usually works OK unless the app is screwed.

I did notice that the app had the Christmas Tree start up again this year after an app update, when this was used last year I also had problems doesn’t sound logical just an observation.

The key started it no problems.

I’ve tried the remote charging connection, which does not connect but I don’t get the warning about waking the car draining the Battery, so guess something is broken either in the app and/or with the server.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

I tried to use the remote cabin conditioning this morning using the MyT app. Eventually got an error message that it was unable to communicate with the server, move to car to a better position.

Ernie Used remote conditioning at 11am today and worked fine....guess the app is still as hit and miss as ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ernieb said:

I tried to use the remote cabin conditioning this morning using the MyT app. Eventually got an error message that it was unable to communicate with the server, move to car to a better position. Well, the car is parked where it always is a and usually works OK unless the app is screwed.

I did notice that the app had the Christmas Tree start up again this year after an app update, when this was used last year I also had problems doesn’t sound logical just an observation.

The key started it no problems.

I’ve tried the remote charging connection, which does not connect but I don’t get the warning about waking the car draining the battery, so guess something is broken either in the app and/or with the server.

Ernie, this seems the same as I've been experiencing and talked about on the other thread. In a way I'm glad it's not just me because it suggests it's the "system" rather than the car. I also noted that the warning message has disappeared. Have you tried to schedule a preconditioning session? I can add it fine but it doesn't actually happen. Again, it seems the instruction isn't being delivered to the car, even after the car has updated the server and app. Would you mind trying it if you haven't already?

PS. I've logged out, uninstalled and reinstalled, etc. and it's made no difference. I'm on Android. I think you use iOS don't you?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nlee said:

Ernie, this seems the same as I've been experiencing and talked about on the other thread. In a way I'm glad it's not just me because it suggests it's the "system" rather than the car. I also noted that the warning message has disappeared. Have you tried to schedule a preconditioning session? I can add it fine but it doesn't actually happen. Again, it seems the instruction isn't being delivered to the car, even after the car has updated the server and app. Would you mind trying it if you haven't already?

PS. I've logged out, uninstalled and reinstalled, etc. and it's made no difference. I'm on Android. I think you use iOS don't you?

I’ve tried with Android and iOS and get the same result.

• Thanks 2

On 11/17/2022 at 7:51 PM, HSDish said:

Can`t get any connection to preheat or charging info. with my T app in cellphone .

I can get info. about " find my car" and "latest trip" but not  preheat or charging info. I can pre heat through the AC button at the key but not in  the phone app.

I haven`t had the car  at  service so no disconnection by the toyota garage and I`ve tried for some 40 hours now

Any suggestions on solving the problem?

Fan symbol and the one adjacent was missing from the App for me recently. Just missing. Like WTH. But reappeared 30min later.

• Confused 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links