Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2005 Yaris 1.33 Colour Collection

Razortop

I've just brought a 36,000 miles model for a friend and wish to hear from any members with knoweledable input on two topics arising:

Firstly, is anyone experiencing general  common faults/problems with this year and version and, if so, what exactly are they?

Secondly, although it's just passed an MOT., alarmingly there are six advisories  about corroded brake pipes all round... As this sounds like a potential or actual safety critical situation (yes?) I intend soonest  remedial action. What's your guess as to roughly how long the job would take (repeat, they apparently ALL need replacing) and approximately what sort of cost is likely do you reckon...? Just to add that •I'd use an independent garage rather than a Toyota dealer•.

Over to you, follks.

Corroded brake pipes are a usual advisory for an aging Toyota. My previous Auris had this, and my wife’s old Peugeot 107 (basically an Aygo). Initially it’s just surface corrosion you can clean off with wire wool & apply some suitable paint. If it gets worse the last section of take lines can be replaced. It’s not hugely expensive 

If it's a Mk1 you might want to think about giving it some underbody rust treatment or getting a company to do it as they're at that age where rust has killed a lot of them; My brother's Mk1 failed its MOT because the rear subframe had rotted through in places, and the front wasn't far behind!

My friend had the exact same model and year as yours from new.

No problems at all, apart from crashing it.

Advisories are just that, advice as in see to it before next MOT.

I can't see it being a hugely expensive job even if the brake lines all need replacing, and brake bleed, from an honest garage,. anyway

And as Cyker says have a good look at underside rust,or get someone else to.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links