Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Bought A 1980 Cressida Saloon.

theombudsman

Hello All,

Just bought a Cressida 1980 Saloon.... what an awesome car.

I wanted to get in touch with people that may have one aswell, to discuss the car. I love it, but wanted to know about what you can do with the wheels. My one is totally standard, but I was thinking I would like to change the wheels over to more retro looking chrome ones that would set off the classic look better than the standard steels. What can be fitted and what do I need to bear in mind about the fitting.??

Look forward to hearing from you.

My email is: adam@asdescribed.co.uk

Cheers

Adam Seaman

Hi Rmad,

Thanks for the speedy response. The wheel set up and lowering on your car looks great. Makes such a difference, proper cuban cruiser! :)

What type of lotus alloys are those? How far have you lowered yours, that looks a good ride height. Is it an expensive job to lower the Cressida?

Your wing mounted mirrors look fantastic aswell, are those after market ones you added yourself?

Your car is the same mark and colour as mine. My one being a 1980 (W-plate). Chap I bought it from said the previous owner had Ziebarted the car from new, hence why it escaped the ole tin worm. There is only a few tiny spots on it that I am going to attend to. Its not done many miles too which is a bonus... 62K

Would like to send you pics of my Cressida, but this site which I have just signed up with says I am not a "Gold" member, so do not have the privilege to do this.

If you have an independent email address, you up for emailing me and will send you pics? Would be good to discuss a few tweek potentials, as you obviously seem to know your stuff.

Cheers,

Adam

P.S. Owning a classic toyota is already proving to be more interesting than my brace of VW's over the years. :)

P.P.S. Would I be right in thinking that this version of the Cressida that we both own is quite rare nowadays in good condition?

Hi Adam,

The wheels are from a Lotus (Eclat), and were picked up very cheaply on eBay (there's a set here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=7915155143 ). The car is lowered using the cheapest method there is - the springs are cut! The front is as low as it will go...it needs the struts to be changed/modified before it can go down any further, and at the moment it has no front suspension due to lack of travel!

I spend most of my forum time over on www.retro-rides.com, pop over and have a chat sometime...there's quite a lot of other ex-VWers over there too!

You can email me on siATrmad.co.uk

Cheers

Simon

Hi Simon,

Cheers for the info..

I am going away on holiday for 2 weeks in the next few days, so lots to sort before I go...will catch up with you on the retro website when I get back, look forward to some banter with you. :)

Cheers,

Adam

Awesome..... :)

Somehow I think that Cressida ownership is gonna be much more rewarding and fun than my years of old VW'ing... Did have a Mk1 Golf Gti Campaign for 4 years, thats quite hard to top, but then again, ain't got no chrome, not really any cuban cruiser potential either. ;)

2 weeks of Greek island chilling.... then back to gettin the Cressida up together.... ain't so bad!

Cheers...catch up with you soon.

Adam

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links