Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyres - take 2

MetManMark

All

So we bought our car as an ex-demo and have replaced the tyres like for like on a couple of occasions. It is now due its MOT and I fully suspect that we will need to replace some of the tyres - potentially all four.

I have been somewhat underwhelmed by the lifetime of the continentals that we have had. On this forum there have been recommendations for:

Dunlop Blue Response Sports

Goodyear efficient grip performance 2

I am looking for a mix of good fuel consumption and lifetime. Any other suggestions out there? I will be phoning our local tyre place before the MOT to see what they recommend and prices etc. Previously I have had the tyres replaced at the dealership as they have price-matched so planning on doing the same this time around.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

I have the same 2015 Auris Hybrid TS Icon plus.

just over a year ago I replaced the perished Continentals at 29,000 miles. I went for goodyear Efficient grip perf 2's. Very happy with them. Certainly, quieter than the conti which had 3mm left, but front nearside worn on edge.

Wear seems good. Do around 7k a year.  Car now done 43,000 miles. 

James.

Toyota2.jpg

• Like 1

+ 1 for Goodyear efficient grip performance 2, probably the best touring summer tires on the market. They are unbeatable for comfort, grip in dry and wet, aquaplaning, low noise, long life, pretty much the best in class. 
I am on my second set and the first one replaced at 65000 miles only because I wanted to try some all season which although really good tyres I didn’t liked them as much and I bought another set of egp 2.
For 65k easy motorway miles the egp 2 went down evenly from 8mm to 5mm thread depth which is amazing, I could probably run them for another 20-30k miles. The current set will not last as long for sure because plans is to use them all year around but I think 40-50k can do . 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MetManMark said:

All

So we bought our car as an ex-demo and have replaced the tyres like for like on a couple of occasions. It is now due its MOT and I fully suspect that we will need to replace some of the tyres - potentially all four.

I have been somewhat underwhelmed by the lifetime of the continentals that we have had. On this forum there have been recommendations for:

Dunlop Blue Response Sports

Goodyear efficient grip performance 2

I am looking for a mix of good fuel consumption and lifetime. Any other suggestions out there? I will be phoning our local tyre place before the MOT to see what they recommend and prices etc. Previously I have had the tyres replaced at the dealership as they have price-matched so planning on doing the same this time around.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Michelin Primacy 4+ seems to be a very good tyre. Seems to last a lot aswell.

• Like 1

In terms of getting a competitive price-match, ATS often have decent promotions if buying two of four of various brands of tyre, but especially Michelin (who own them).

Similar promotions are at Costco, but probably not relevant to you from a 'Toyota will match a local quote' point of view.

I generally fit the Goodyear/Dunlop mentioned above (owned by the same company in this part of Europe) or Michelin, for me, these are in 195/65x15 or 205/55x16 sizes (to suit the particular car).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Check the Treadwear rating UTQG. It is mandatory in summer tires but optional in all seasons.  

I prefer Goodyear Continental Performance plus with 380 rating and Vector4seasons III 500 rating. The higher the numer, the longer it lasts.

Most western europe is wet and rainy winter and this premium all seasons tire is better in snow than cheap winter tire. Micheline cross climate 2 also has excellent wear. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links