Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

An IQ named Pru

Ilovemyiq

I have now been the proud owner of a purple 1Q named prudence for 8 years . 

Pru has been my trusty steed seeing  me through divorce,menopausal hot flushes and the joys (or not ) of internet dating . She has never once failed to start and is happy to park anywhere she can squeeze herself into . 

Unfortunately she has now  suffered damage to her front bumper resulting in a insurance write off  ! Due to her loyalty and long service I cannot send her to the big scrap heap in the sky so currently attempting to source a front bumper,wheel arch liner and headlight .

If any one knows of anywhere I can obtain the above and  help save prudence  it would be very much appreciated ...

I have tried all the usual ie eBay etc - I can get a bumper no problem its just the other bits that are proving  difficult .

Kate 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hi Kate,

Sorry to hear your Prudence isn't too good at the moment.

eBay is likely your best source of spares unless you go down the route of Toyota themselves and very expensive.

You may have tried this already but instead of searching for specific items for Pru, try a search for IQ's that are being broken, you'll likely find that the less is more thing will give better results. There are currently over 15 IQ's listed for "breaking" on eBay there's even a purple one I notice.

• Like 2

Cheers Derek, I have messaged the eBay listing for the purple one  but its apparently been sold !  I will try your tip re iQ's listed for breaking . Fingers crossed She'll be restored to her former glory .

• Like 1

Hi again,

I just paged through the list I found and I missed a second purple one in there. "Breaking" is the search term to use or even "for spares".

Good luck and let us know if you get the parts please.

I think the second one has very similar damage to Pru !

I really appreciate the help and will resume my search with everything crossed .😁

• Like 1

Hi flash... I messaged the seller twice and got no reply so phoned and unfortunately its 'completely sold'. Thank you anyway 😁

Headlight not a problem, bumpers seem expensive, try and avoid pattern part bumpers as they rarely fit without work

On 12/13/2022 at 2:36 PM, Ilovemyiq said:

I really appreciate the help and will resume my search with everything crossed .😁

Remember that once you have found good search terms on eBay, you can save your search and get notifications as soon as matching cars appear. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, APS said:

Remember that once you have found good search terms on eBay, you can save your search and get notifications as soon as matching cars appear. 

Cheers had forgotten about notifications 😁

I also have my local trusted mechanic on the case of 'saving prudence' I actually think her major surgery and sourcing of body parts will now have to wait until after Xmas as I'm mega busy with work and Christmas stuff! Many thanks for all the suggestions and I'll make sure I post a picture once she's  back to her former glory... 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2022 at 8:33 PM, Ilovemyiq said:

Cheers had forgotten about notifications 😁

I also have my local trusted mechanic on the case of 'saving prudence' I actually think her major surgery and sourcing of body parts will now have to wait until after Xmas as I'm mega busy with work and Christmas stuff! Many thanks for all the suggestions and I'll make sure I post a picture once she's  back to her former glory... 

Have you had any success, Kate, with your pride and joy?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links