Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

AVENSIS 1.8L changing oil how long between changing?

avensis_2018

how long between oil changing?

one year?

every 5K/10K/15K/20K km ?

do you change oil + filter each time?

with my 1.6 corolla i used to change every 5K km only oil, every 10K oil+filter. normal people change every year or 20K oil+filter, what do you think it's better for the avensis for extra++ care, is there any different between except from the the engines size (1.6 to 1.8) or so that should treat it different   ?

is the 0W20 engine its the best oil for the avensis?

In the UK Mr T says change oil and filter every year or 10k miles (16k km), whichever comes first. So that is what I do.

• Like 1

Depends very much also on what type of driving you do as well as the above. If its all motorway, then that is much 'kinder' to everything (oil included), so every 12 months is fine (unless you are doing excessive mileage i.e. over 10-12k, if so change at 10k I would say). If you are doing all short, start/stop trips where the oil never really gets up to a good operating temperature, then you may want to consider twice a year.  I tend to do a mixture of both, about 8k annually, so change the oil AND filter once a year. In answer to your question about filters, do it every time you drop the oil. The 'preferred' oil by Toyota is the 0/20; this I was told by a Toyota service manager this is just for marginal fuel economy gains. As the engine gets older he told me that 5/30 they use. My car, which before I owned it was a 1 owner full main dealer serviced, always had 5/30 used in its services. I use 5/30.

• Like 1

Best to check your car manual or consult with your dealer. Service intervals depending on where the car is used and what model is, what engine etc. 

In uk most Toyota cars have 10k miles or 12 months service intervals. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Best to check your car manual or consult with your dealer. Service intervals depending on where the car is used and what model is, what engine etc. 

In uk most Toyota cars have 10k miles or 12 months service intervals. 

My annual mileage is low but will do oil/filter changes, as I have always done with my Jaguar as well , annually.

Best Wishes , John

• Like 2

On 12/21/2022 at 6:17 PM, JARC1 said:

My annual mileage is low but will do oil/filter changes, as I have always done with my Jaguar as well , annually.

Best Wishes , John

10 or 12k is for the business models

• Like 2

I have changed my Avensis Valvematic oil every year since I owned it. The car does not do much miles between changes, and  hardly needs topping up. 

• Like 2

i changed today oil i put Castrol edge 2 5W30 , put 1 can of motor flashing run it a little, and then change oil + filter. the plastic cover didn't open so i end up fighting to make it open, i think the one before me didnt use the right tool to open it so, in the end i bought a new original one because it already damage and, 5 years its the time to make it new again. i end up changing oil+filter+replacing all the filter house\cover+add liqui moly mos2 oil additive, also i ordered some fuel additiv's (6 cans + 1 gallon Lucas i'm gone make a fuel additives cleaning project.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192456657429

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09DGNSYS6?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B06Y1651H8/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A2BNJFMLD3ZV6R&psc=1

• Like 1

Hi,

a good job done, but why so many additives have you used? 
Engine flush it’s ok then just fill in new oil and filter that’s it. You can add additives on later date if there is a need for them. For example, oil leak, oil degradation or engine noises , some reason to try additives. When the oil is new it has all the additives already in its content. Fuel additives are fine, again if there is reason to use them, engine pulsating, lack of power, engine management light, otherwise just a good fuel and all good here. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The oil mos 2 additive it's for keeping the angine parts better lubricate, lower the angine noise and more, the fuel additives are for a project that im doing, im adding each tank 3/4 additives, after 2 mounts i know that all my fuel system its clean and shining for best fuel consamption best performance, and it's to avoid any feutre problems. it's not for normal people, only for the crazy ones like me.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links