Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Data suggests that Police are solving only 1% of catalytic converter thefts

FROSTYBALLS

Is the reason for this it is covered under insurance and they do not consider it to be of a high priority. 🤬

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bper said:

Is the reason for this it is covered under insurance and they do not consider it to be of a high priority. 🤬

100% correct.

Police won't care until someone high up in charge tells them they have to.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

100% correct.

Police won't care until someone high up in charge tells them they have to.

They do care. They just don't have the resources to waste investigating something that will not yield a worthwhile result.

If anyone has any suggestion as to how they should go about stopping cat theft or catching the perpetrators then I am sure they would love to hear it.

Alternatively, if you have particularly deep pockets and would like to fund the operation to tackle the problem I am sure they would like to hear from you on that score too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The problem is the police have been decimated by budget cuts; I don't know about everywhere else but in north London something like 90% of the Police stations have been closed down!

Because of the cuts they've been forced to focus on the really serious crimes, mainly things like domestic abuse, assault, stabbings, shootings etc. which is a fairly big problem up here to begin with...!

They really need more funding, but that's true of pretty much all our public services, which are being slowly killed off by the government... I'm not sure if it's incompetence or they are doing it on purpose because they actually want to privatize all public services!

I must admit I don't really want a future where I have to go to a comparison website for my annual police, medical, fire brigade etc. cover...!! Although if it comes to that maybe the comparison website will let me pick a different government to subscribe to :laugh: 

• 3 weeks later...

It's a theft that will keep increasing unless something is done to prevent it. With added cost of living crisis it is yet another unnecessary expense for the poor car owners who have this done to them.🤬

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links