Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

stabilizer bar rubbers change today wow !!! amazing improvement highly recommend.

avensis_2018

Hi, just for information, today I replaced two stabilizer bar rubbers and

two front stabilization rods left and right of the steering wheel, car only 40k mills on it, i replace them just because i ask it (you don't really need to but ....) first drive huge difference, improvement in grip, when driving on bumpy roads, amazing !!! Highly recommend, the rubber that was comparable to the new one was like a stone seams like the original ones lost its elasticity after short time only 4-5- years, Stunning.

On my last 13 corolla i did it also, after 70k mills, also huge different, now i didnt want to wait and didnt really know if there will be any, but ... also, it's a must mod.

10 hours ago, avensis_2018 said:

Hi, just for information, today I replaced two stabilizer bar rubbers and

two front stabilization rods left and right of the steering wheel, car only 40k mills on it, i replace them just because i ask it (you don't really need to but ....) first drive huge difference, improvement in grip, when driving on bumpy roads, amazing !!! Highly recommend, the rubber that was comparable to the new one was like a stone seams like the original ones lost its elasticity after short time only 4-5- years, Stunning.

https://www.japan-parts.eu/

Can you please show me a pic where these are at by chance was your rubber bushings gone badly my car just passed the MOT last week no problems it's a 2014 with 52k on it now. It's just mine I think going over bumps it rattles a bit compared to my VW group car I'm not sure what could it be it drives great tbh .

ANTI ROLL BAR STABILISER

AXLE BEARING BUSH STABILISER

i didn't put toyota genuine parts, i put replacement (also last car did the same).

on the car you can't see that it's already not act like rubber anymore, when you take it out you can compare to the new ones and then you see it.

all the front of the car steering is sitting on those  2 rubbers, and this is why it's so important and so make a big big different when driving.

no-one replace it because no-one whirly knows that.

huge different while driving.

when you take the stabilizer rubbers out, out you must write on them left and right, and to put the new ones the same left and right, (mine he order 2 or the right so it took an hour or so the wait for the right set).

after replacement, drive it and tell us what you think 🙂 .

it passes MOT even if you don't change in never, usually no-one know or think about replacing it.

change them and then come tell me if you feel something different after.

same as the link.

• Thanks 1

If no oem bushes available or too expensive I will recommend to go for blueprint , febi, first line, and febest as last option. I had few febest parts purchased in the past and I didn’t like them. Last rubber febest also been returned for not been exact same spec. My original stabiliser bar bushels are still ok after some miles and 12 years, perhaps will need change this summer and I have new blueprints in stock. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

If no oem bushes available or too expensive I will recommend to go for blueprint , febi, first line, and febest as last option. I had few febest parts purchased in the past and I didn’t like them. Last rubber febest also been returned for not been exact same spec. My original stabiliser bar bushels are still ok after some miles and 12 years, perhaps will need change this summer and I have new blueprints in stock. 

I will see how much threw Toyota as tbh my last car and motorfactor parts .na I had enough of them not lasting. I must look at mine and see if that's causing the front end rattle .but there is only 52k on mine it's a 2014 you guys think they be done so quick genuine Toyota parts came new with car new made. Tbh I don't find anything wrong with the handling just slight noise over bumps 

After replacing it tell us what you think about it. thank Y.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 2009joe said:

I will see how much threw Toyota as tbh my last car and motorfactor parts .na I had enough of them not lasting. I must look at mine and see if that's causing the front end rattle .but there is only 52k on mine it's a 2014 you guys think they be done so quick genuine Toyota parts came new with car new made. Tbh I don't find anything wrong with the handling just slight noise over bumps 

52000 miles it’s nothing. They should be as good as new. In fact going over speed bumps at speed and crazy cornering kills these bushes plus the salt from the winter. Other than that they can last you ages. I am on my original ones, no excessive rattling or movements. The car handles great. We are talking about 234000 miles mixed drive. 

• Thanks 1

my wife toyota replace it after 140k miles, they were dead but she didn't care... mine after only 40k miles i said let see if there will be any change, it was huge !

but, you don't have to touch it, most of the people doesn't care how the car drives, they got use to it, don't want to put money on the car,  no-one replace it.

take care.

With wheel on ramp on on the ground you grab the stabiliser bay near the bush and try to move, if it moves and rattle they are likely gone if no movements or minimal means the bushes are good and no need to change. Stabiliser bar links, with hand wiggle the joints top and then bottom, if they move very easy or there is a play then they are gone if no play and don’t move very easy mean they are ok. No need changing parts if they are not worn out especially if you replace with aftermarket. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 years the car weight + bumpers + pressure + bad roads the rubber becoming hard, time wear, not elastic like new material, compare the original one you are taking out with the new ones, they are 1.5 times bigger then the new ones and this is why the different by improve its immediate.

again, you don't have to, it's only for improve your car for better ....

you don't know it just realize after the change of this part. the different it's like you put a new fresh shock absorbers.

take care.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to change these last year with ones from the motor factors. There was no slit on the new ones so couldn't fit them over the sway bar. Instead, cut some old rubber tubing from the milking parlour. Stuffed it in between the sway bar and the old bushing and tightened it up. It's working away fine, very solid actually. Brother had done this before on his own car and it had worked fine for him.

Took the new ones back to the motor factors and they said you could try to cut them. Err don't think so, you need some sort of guillotine. Make sure the rubbers can be opened when purchasing so they can be slid over the sway bar.

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Jim-p said:

Went to change these last year with ones from the motor factors. There was no slit on the new ones so couldn't fit them over the sway bar. Instead, cut some old rubber tubing from the milking parlour. Stuffed it in between the sway bar and the old bushing and tightened it up. It's working away fine, very solid actually. Brother had done this before on his own car and it had worked fine for him.

Took the new ones back to the motor factors and they said you could try to cut them. Err don't think so, you need some sort of guillotine. Make sure the rubbers can be opened when purchasing so they can be slid over the sway bar.

did you change the links also as well as the rubber hack that sounds good not sure would it pass mot though 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 2009joe said:

did you change the links also as well as the rubber hack that sounds good not sure would it pass mot though 

Yes, changed the front links due to cracked rubbers, boots or whatever you call the piece around the ball joint. Was afraid of failing the nct with those. The sway bar bushing weren't actually too bad, was just taking advantage of having both sides of the car jacked up. There wasn't really any play beforehand but it was rock solid after. You actually can't really see the hack. I'd definitely be recommending buy the proper replacements though. Past the nct anyway.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jim-p said:

Yes, changed the front links due to cracked rubbers, boots or whatever you call the piece around the ball joint. Was afraid of failing the nct with those. The sway bar bushing weren't actually too bad, was just taking advantage of having both sides of the car jacked up. There wasn't really any play beforehand but it was rock solid after. You actually can't really see the hack. I'd definitely be recommending buy the proper replacements though. Past the nct anyway.

i like kina hack jobs myself lol.just kina wondering do the genuine toyota bushings come with a slit in them to slide on or do they come complete im wondering do these bushings go out ofton and need changed regularly 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 2009joe said:

i like kina hack jobs myself lol.just kina wondering do the genuine toyota bushings come with a slit in them to slide on or do they come complete im wondering do these bushings go out ofton and need changed regularly 

Good question, I don't know. They looked in pretty good shape for 130k.

• Like 1

even if they looks OK, those new rubbers set gives the car a new life, younger ... you should try that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, avensis_2018 said:

even if they looks OK, those new rubbers set gives the car a new life, younger ... you should try that.

Did the ones you got have the slit in them, allowing them to go the bar or did you have to cut them?

it has a slit, like the original ones. looks same as the original.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, avensis_2018 said:

it has a slit, like the original ones. looks same as the original.

I see the genuine Toyota ones they look like they don't even have a slit on them just going by picture. Plus should I change the stabilizer bars even if not much play in them 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links