Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis T27 SWAP Dashboard II lift?

jaros90

Hello. 

I have a question about changing the dashboard from Toyota T27 2015+ year to my Toyota Avensis T27 2009 year. Have any of You done this? I have almost everything to trade. Dashboard, plastics, car counter.. I also ordered an electric harness.. Is this possible? 

I have diesel 2.2d4d and the car counter from newest Toyota is from diesel 2.0. Thanks, greetings. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jaros90 said:

Hello. 

I have a question about changing the dashboard from Toyota T27 2015+ year to my Toyota Avensis T27 2009 year. Have any of You done this? I have almost everything to trade. Dashboard, plastics, car counter.. I also ordered an electric harness.. Is this possible? 

I have diesel 2.2d4d and the car counter from newest Toyota is from diesel 2.0. Thanks, greetings. 

Can I ask why that sounds like complete hell if you ask me is it putting a older shape dash into a 2015+ car .why there just 2 much to go wrong I'd say the connections that holds the dash in to frame won't be there and I'm sure will rattle .plus all the electrics will be different the clock and others .tbh gave me enough bother doing my speaker upgrade on my car than thinking changing others .plus I'm thinking older cars be better put together as dash parts maybe come with screws etc the stupid new ones like mine it's all stupid clips .and if pulled out 2 much rattles .I had a problem with my heating controller with annoying rattle up against the ash tray housing. So had 2 take it out and put a strip of speaker foam in there and jam it back in I was nearly tempted to drill a screw threw it but was no place to drill one but my speaker foam works a treat. Well until starts 2 rattle then IL be going 2 plan b of putting screws threw it somewhere 

• Like 1

The only good reason for a dashboard swap, is mainly due to airbag damage! Even then it would be like for like, sticking with the original design. Talking of airbags, they may be different and the connectors may to match. Joe has covered the fixing points, that a may have been changed to accommodate the later dashboard. It would be best to compare and check everything!
Modifying for vanity reasons is not for me, but that's personal. Also it would need to be declared to insurance, here in the UK. Other countries may have their own rules on modifications. 

Not helpful, but I think you are doing something rarely done on a T27. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links