Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

To MANN, or not to MANN - That is the Question

Kojac

17 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Well I do refresh my car every afternoon for 5-10 min

I'm not quite as particular as that Tony, but once a week I take out the pig, hose it down and put it back inside with fresh water, food and hay. That certainly improves the interior's aroma.:thumbsup:

20 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Well I do refresh my car every afternoon for 5-10 min, I do open all doors, check and clean interior carpet mats cleaned, bonnet open and all fluids checked. Then visual exterior inspection plus , brakes , tyres etc. Tyre pressure once a week. With bonnet open check and clean the plastic surrounds near the wiper blades it is an important maintenance step, and when washing the car too, dry that area and make sure no dirt or leafs left there. If any gets in and been trapped they will withhold water that will cause bad smell afterwards when using ac or hvac alone since the air intake and water gutter are going through the same duct system. If anything its clean and in order when heavy rain and you are inside the car you should be able the hear the water is running behind the dashboard. Increase volume a bit and you can hear it on my video 👌

image.thumb.jpeg.407654d3d3933c01959cfe438a4a6336.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e342c1728d72959813a9be5308ecc410.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1a9e3e9065a517f917b316caa2e9b7a4.jpeg

E256CE8C-231D-42D4-8752-7197A9A3EBB3.MOV

Good Job and well maintained Tony! how can you keep the engine bay so clean? I guess you used pressure washer to clean the engine bay, is it safe to do so? I heard some stories people got problems after engine bay wash.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Davidhee58 said:

Good Job and well maintained Tony! how can you keep the engine bay so clean? I guess you used pressure washer to clean the engine bay, is it safe to do so? I heard some stories people got problems after engine bay wash.

Thanks. 
I do actually jet wash the engine bay once a year usually at spring time to remove salt and grit accumulation that causes rust inside engine bay.
 If it’s done right there is nothing to worry about. Most important to block air intake with cloth or nylon cover and keep high pressure jet stream away from the tiny cables to prevent eventual damage. Electronics are water tight and no worries there. Before you wash start the engine and let it running for 10 min, warm but not hot engine cleans better and it’s drying faster. 

After each regular car wash I open the bonnet and together with boot and all doors shuts I wipe dry all around., if there are any debris or leafs I pick them up by hand or with the vacuum cleaner. I used to be a valeter but I am not taking the time or care to make the old lady young and shiny again but  just as maintenance precautions. 

• Like 3

I also give dry cleaning to engine bay, with a cloth and a brush, twice a year when I have time and sometimes I use some spray for plastics.

• Like 3

pressure washing needs some experience.  I  only pressure wash the underbody and vacuum/blow the engine bay.  I use brush to clean crevixes from dust and leaves.   I clean and wash the air filter 2x per year in spring and fall.  Bosch and original Denso can be washed gently with laundry detergent. They are made out of fiber glass. I tried Japanpart filter and they are very flimsy after exposed to water, and only can be used once. 

• Like 2

WTF guys, you exaggerate a little don't you think? I know for a few people the car is like a second wife, nothing wrong with that, I'm that guy too(sort off), but to open the car doors every single day to get fresh air inside, that's too much.
Sorry, but the car is only a tool to me (a well maintained tool), but no need to be slaved by the car.

Weeell it depends on the person - I'm on the other end of the scale; I think my car has been washed twice since I owned it, both times by the Toyota garage when it's being serviced :laugh: 

Unless you count mother nature, although she doesn't do a fantastic job, always misses the lower part of the doors...

I do need to vacuum the inside tho'. For some reason the footwells are full of sand! :eek: 

• Like 1

Depending on the use too. I spent 12+ hours a night inside 200-300 miles drive so open the doors for few minutes and look around the car next day won’t cost me much but it helps maintain better and fresher environment. Plus anything wrong will be quickly noted, not always but most of the time. 
If I don’t go to work the car seats like a monument, not touching it at all. 

• Like 2

Going back to filters..... I just bought a mann oil filter, £12.  Could not get a mann engine air filter so got a Crossland for £14. Reasonable prices I feel, both from Euro Car Parts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Catlover said:

Going back to filters..... I just bought a MANN oil filter, £12.  Could not get a MANN engine air filter so got a Crossland for £14. Reasonable prices I feel, both from Euro Car Parts.

Any well known brand will do it, the one to avoid are those that imitate the original parts. Anything else that doesn’t look poor quality made it will do the job. 👍

• Like 2

I open one of the window in winter to remove moisture since the car is kept in the garage.  Since I do that, I never smell moldy smell in spring. Off course, turning the AC on in winter is also part of the climate control (dehumidifier) helps too. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Changed the oil and filter today, Toyota oil and mann filter and cleaned the engine compartment. 

IMG_20230415_160359826_HDR.thumb.jpg.661dcfa3d78b1c773762c5d87150b429.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tavy said:

Changed the oil and filter today, Toyota oil and Mann filter and cleaned the engine compartment. 

IMG_20230415_160359826_HDR.thumb.jpg.661dcfa3d78b1c773762c5d87150b429.jpg

Looks nice and clean, you can tell it’s loved car 🚗👌

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links