Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis electronic parking brake

Bildabob

Having had my Avensis for 10 trouble free years I now find it displaying a message "parking brake overheat" on start up . Is it safe to drive ( to garage) and what is the likely cause? 

• Like 1

Almost all problems I have had with this system showing a multitude of error messages although I haven't seen this particular message, is the calipers on one side or both have a piston that is partially seized causing the pads to bind onto disc. Also I have heard of some of the units that houses the motor for winding suffering from ingress of water causing usually total failure. Also discs and pads worn to the limit can cause all sorts of spurious messages to be displayed. So check obvious things first like calipers discs and pads.   

• Like 2

Thanks Jim - much appreciated.I'll get the local garage to check these.

• Like 1

The epb on the avensis can give trouble and is a nasty price to replace. Alot cheaper in Northern Ireland apparently than down south.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links