Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whirling Dervishes Or Noodles?

Bagarse

I've ordered a new seven-seater Corolla Verso T3 2.0 D-4D from my main Toyota dealer. The salesman has stated that the car he has aquired for me is made in Japan, however everything I've read says that they are all made in Turkey. Is it possible that it is made in Japan?

The car comes with turn-by-turn sat nav with electronic traffic avoidance, mats, metallic paint and is to be supagarded inside and out. I've struck a deal for £18,490, would you consider this a good deal?

• 1 year later...

I've ordered a new seven-seater Corolla Verso T3 2.0 D-4D from my main Toyota dealer. The salesman has stated that the car he has aquired for me is made in Japan, however everything I've read says that they are all made in Turkey. Is it possible that it is made in Japan?

The car comes with turn-by-turn sat nav with electronic traffic avoidance, mats, metallic paint and is to be supagarded inside and out. I've struck a deal for £18,490, would you consider this a good deal?

Hi There -

I own a Verso as well. My local dealer told me that all Versos are imported from Turkey as 90% assembled. I have also read on the web that they are assembled in Turkey.

Regards

Erwin

whats the difference mate? the sales man makes it sound like they build cars better in japan. when infact all toyotas are produced to the same stds the world over

Indeed, it seems like the country doesn't make much difference, and that the Manufacturer is the key. Given the history of MG/Rover, British Leyland and TVR, it would seem impossible that any British factory could make a reliable car, but the new Corolla 5 and 3 doors seem to be pretty good. I know also that all UK Mercedes C-classes (and I think BMW 3 series as well) are made in South Africa - not the first place you would associate with automotive excellence, but the cars pretty much on a par with those from the same brands' factories back in Germany.

David

The new Corolla Verso is made in Turkey (older ones were Japan).

Easy way to tell is ask to see the VIN number. If I remember correctly Turkeys VIN begins with NM1 or something like that (Think Japan builts are JM something or other and UK vehicles are SB1)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links