Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How many keys should come with a Toyota Aygo-X trend?

MAHerms

I bought a 68 plate Aygo-X trend about 18 months ago. I was surprised to find I was only given one key when I collected it from the dealer. I queried it and was told they only come with one key. At the time I accepted that to be the truth but now I am not so sure - shouldn’t I have been given one remote and one non remote key? I have queried it with the dealer who is saying if it was more than one and a half years old when I bought it ( it was around 2 and a half years old) then it would have come with only one key. Is that right? I’m not entirely happy to think that someone I don’t know may have a key to my car. 

This has been mentioned before on the forum I believe you are right it should I think come with 1 remote and 1 non remote although the non remote key (emergency key) maybe the one that is slotted in the remote and is released with a push of the latch perhaps that is what the dealer refers to.

My corolla came with 2 remotes although I believe that Toyotas now come with only 1 remote due to the chip shortage maybe corrected on this.

• Like 1

Aygos came with one remote and one non-remote key when new.

• Like 2

Many thanks for your comments - very helpful.

21 hours ago, Rosgoe said:

My corolla came with 2 remotes although I believe that Toyotas now come with only 1 remote due to the chip shortage maybe corrected on this.

Got the delivery of the new Aygo X this week. Two remotes.. they didn't suffer from chip shortages in CZ it seems.😁

• Like 1

my 2020 Aygo came with a remote key and a spare manual key

Same here, we have similar Peugeot 107 (Mk1, from new) and a 108 (Mk2, used) and both came with 2 keys, a remote locking key and a standard key, but lost count number of these cars that over time only end up with 1 key.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links